Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, but the payments this summer and next are sizable

So, getting someone to take that off our hands would free up a nice bit of breathing room

Care to explain why Connor?

As above, Ste

Paid next to nothing initially

Not saying this isn't the case, but I do find it very hard to understand when we have no idea if our first choice striker will be here in a month's time.

We surely aren't going to sell Beto and DCL?

We won't sell DCL 🔵

Structure is still very important though. If we don't have the money available now for the upfront amount they want, there isn't a deal to be made.
Might not be that we don’t have the money

Could be that they want to use it across a number of deals and if they pay more up front for Gnonto, they have less to use elsewhere

As above, Ste

Paid next to nothing initially

We won't sell DCL 🔵

Yeah remember that we went for him primarily as Udinese were the only team with a striker good enough who'd consider a buy now pay later deal.

I'm guessing the that the structure basically spread what works be the initial first year bigger payment over year two and three so were looking at 10m plus minimum each year. Maybe more like 13-14 this.

So if I'm getting it right, if we say sold him for his value to us amortised, roughly 23m then we'd try to structure it to essentially cover the costs we are paying out this season at least (13/14 up front)?

Because that would leave our only striker options as Maupay and Chermiti

The manager doesn't appear to think Chermiti is ready and was happy to loan out Maupay last year.

We would score even less goals than last year.

Maupay will get moved on of that I'm almost certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back