Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Chermiti can develop to be that other asset. There’s also Pickford. Even if Iroegbunam plays well his value will shoot up.

Thelwell has traded sensibly overall especially in the sales, bringing in 80 mill for Gordon Iwobi Dobbin Godfrey was extremely surprising and welcome. Even the fees received for Simms and Cannon have been good. It wasn’t nice watching Richarlison go but 60 mill is our second highest fee for a player who Spurs may now be looking to move on. When you consider the fees for Gabriel Jesus Sterling Gakpo Jota Diaz etc. he went for more than all of them.

He's done really well on paper. Not only on the first team squad but activity on incomings in the youth teams.

The dream is to get maximum longevity and then profit - like Kane and RIce.

You are managing two resources time and money.

Hopefully we do that with Brathwaite.

100%

It is in large part yes.

Btw if we do pay this out close to the 25m mark then we will 100% be shifting on someone for around the 20m+ mark this summer - the math doesn't add up otherwise on our financials.

Two obvious candidates would be Beto (the club are actively talking to several Italian teams I've been led to believe) and Mykolenko (genuine interest in Jim again from Italy)

Beto, DCL, Mykolenko, Doucoure, Holgate and Keane -- whether sales or loans.

Doucoure could be a decent upfront fee if hes shifted to Saudi and the same with Beto if Bologna are serious.

We haven’t paid anything yet Zat, there’s no profit, PSR or otherwise until next year. Unless someone pays more than we did!

Thats not how PSR works mate. It will be counted from when he signed last summer. When payments are made have no bearing on that calculation.

In PSR terms the £21.5mil + £5mil in add ons would i suspect be £21.5mil (no add ons yet) ÷4 (contract value per season) so £5.375mil × 3 (remaining contract length) = £16.125mil.

So on the PSR front anything above that would be a PSR profit.

On the balance sheet a £21.5mil would show a breakeven on the overall fee (before add ons) and removes the wages from point of sale.

Happy to be proven wrong :)

….and if I was born in Glasgow I’d be a Scotch Egg.

I'm simply stating what my original post was regarding breaking a transfer record which has been mis-quoted or misunderstood.

Not sure why you felt the need to post about Sean Dyche being a twin of yours.

He's done really well on paper. Not only on the first team squad but activity on incomings in the youth teams.

100%

Beto, DCL, Mykolenko, Doucoure, Holgate and Keane -- whether sales or loans.

Doucoure could be a decent upfront fee if hes shifted to Saudi and the same with Beto if Bologna are serious.

Thats not how PSR works mate. It will be counted from when he signed last summer. When payments are made have no bearing on that calculation.

In PSR terms the £21.5mil + £5mil in add ons would i suspect be £21.5mil (no add ons yet) ÷4 (contract value per season) so £5.375mil × 3 (remaining contract length) = £16.125mil.

So on the PSR front anything above that would be a PSR profit.

On the balance sheet a £21.5mil would show a breakeven on the overall fee (before add ons) and removes the wages from point of sale.

Happy to be proven wrong :)
No sorry my point is nobody is paying us 21.5m for him, not even close. So any PSR profit would still have to be over 16m, which again nobody is about to pay.

We’ll have to wait until next year to shift him I suspect, in terms of actual Opex it makes no sense selling him now either as we’ll pretty much receive nothing.

No sorry my point is nobody is paying us 21.5m for him, not even close. So any PSR profit would still have to be over 16m, which again nobody is about to pay.

We’ll have to wait until next year to shift him I suspect, in terms of actual Opex it makes no sense selling him now either as we’ll pretty much receive nothing.

He's been rated in Italy and linked to some big names over the past couple of years.

Bologna are in the champions league this season and have sold Zirkzee + Calafiore is off to Arsenal. He's been linked to them the past couple of weeks.

I'm pretty confident they have the cash.

Lets see.

This is Kevin Thelwell we are talking about. The arse pimples on this forum say “let him cook” yet at times he’s served up porridge made in a kettle.

He’s another fella at the club who no one else is envious of us having
How much was his job hampered by blue Bill and Moshiri insisting we buy players from his favourite agent!

This summer is night & day…quick, young and brought in early.

The difference those two cretins are not involved

He's been rated in Italy and linked to some big names over the past couple of years.

Bologna are in the champions league this season and have sold Zirkzee + Calafiore is off to Arsenal. He's been linked to them the past couple of weeks.

I'm pretty confident they have the cash.

Lets see.
Love to be proven wrong mate but can’t see it, guy just doesn’t look like a top level footballer.

Think he’d do well in Portugal or Holland, maybe France. Can’t see him cutting it here, Spain, Italy, Germany to be honest.

How much was his job hampered by blue Bill and Moshiri insisting we buy players from his favourite agent!

This summer is night & day…quick, young and brought in early.

The difference those two cretins are not involved

I don’t know , I’m not defending those two arseholes either. What I do know is I’m not a fan of this fella so far, we need players with end product which has been a massive issue for years and I’m not convinced this is night and day as you put it and looking at who has been brought in previously.

To be fair , I understand it’s tough for him the way the club is. I don’t want more disappointed fans , we’ve had too much of this here.

Had a little look into the original Gnonto-Leeds deal as it's always seemed a very low fee and it looks like part of the problem we face is a sizeable sell-on due to Zurich- described by their chairman as "exceptionally high". So if Zurich are due a big % of the deal it makes sense that Leeds are not keen to sell and are holding out for massive money, as they don't get all of it.

All the more reason to move on really.

Had a little look into the original Gnonto-Leeds deal as it's always seemed a very low fee and it looks like part of the problem we face is a sizeable sell-on due to Zurich- described by their chairman as "exceptionally high". So if Zurich are due a big % of the deal it makes sense that Leeds are not keen to sell and are holding out for massive money, as they don't get all of it.

All the more reason to move on really.

It makes more sense from Leeds POV. Still think they would rather not sell to us of all people so they are perfectly happy to stick to their guns. If it was another team, I’d expect he would be somewhere else.

Oh dear I totally disagree

1: You've taken a stance beyond reality about Beto & a magical £12mil payment that has (not) appeared out of the blue. Also claiming mismanagement regarding his signing :)

You're painting that as a likely picture when it is massively unlikely, not even worth considering, it would be so bizarre.

2: To compare goals scored decades apart, some in poor sides and some in excellent teams :)

3: Ferguson, Johnson, Yakubu and Lukaku walk into this team.

Ferguson was in a poor team for many years, overused and led to him picking up numerous injuries. The only light in the team and a talisman of hope in dark times.

Johnson was monitored by the refs after Wenger called him out for diving--at the time there was a youtube showing clear penalties not given. Again, not in a top side.

Yakubu was top class but for a bad injury. His first season he was a goal machine. Not trusted to start regular games after his injury (sub games affect your disproportionate stats) but went out and scored double figures elsewhere in England, should never have been sold.

Lukaku top class.

I dont know your age of course but I dont think you saw Yakubu, Ferguson or Johnson for us. All top players, far better than our Centre forwards today. Not even a comparison.

:)

4: Amokachi cost £3mil and was signed by Mike Walker the worst Everton manager of all time. You're right that was a big fee back then but it was Mike Walker who signed him. Hardly a relative example so i didnt mention him.

Beattie £6mil at a time when others were going for multiples of that -- 4.5x was spent on Rooney for example. Certainly not a huge fee in the market at the time and was not considered to be a top signing by the fans. Certainly little excitement for this signing :)

5: The forwards I listed from other teams, I wasnt trying to say they would all score 15 goals, maybe ive misworded by post.

What i was saying is that we have arguably the 5th worst starting centre forward in the league in terms of goal output -- take any of the starters from the 14 teams listed and theyre (i believe) far more likely to score more than DCL.

The team defensive numbers may be 4th best but the attacking output is dreadful. Even having the 8th best centre forward would propel us up the league.

We wont get anywhere with the likes of Maupay, Beto & DCL. There is no point in keeping them, none.

I actually think many posters are insane for disagreeing that we should sell them and sign a top starter....yet wanted Godfrey, Keane and Holgate gone :)

Why would Keane, Godfrey & Holgate sales be welcome but not DCL, Maupay and Beto?

Its madness.

If we had a £50mil budget then we can have more choices than if we had a low budget. Thats what im saying.

Ferguson, David, Beier for example may be hard to entice but having a decent budget gives us more hope than having zero budget (Beto) a low budget (Maupay) or developing a £1.5mil youth signing (DCL).

I think it would be tremendously challenging to sign a worse player than DCL, Beto and Maupay combined with that budget -- we dont need to spend all of it either.

Hopefully this is true & Brentford move on Maupay after the Thiago injury.

Calafiore also off to Arsenal

I didnt mean that. I meant those 14/15 premier league teams teams ALL have at least one superior and more effective starter compared with our players.

We have one of the worst forward groups in the division.

Why the youth aged jokes? I was one of the first if not the first to want a 29 year old Tarkowski.

Thelwell has the right idea, when he has money aim for younger players...when he doesnt (Beto) he tries to spend as little as possible on older players.

Seems like im ahead of the curve by many years. Thats not be talking nonsense, ive had that view for many years when weve seen other clubs follow the same path while we have struggled for not adopting the strategy.

Luckily Thelwell seems to be following a strategy which involves younger signings.

Beto rubbish, DCL ineffective in terms of goals.

Id be disappointed if Chermiti wasnt better than both by the end of next season. Its a very low bar.

Yakubu.

Johnson 11 Ferguson 11 Saha got 13, Rideout 14

Look at how many chances those players got and the circumstances of the teams they were in compared with today.

Surely you wouldnt have DCL over any of them?

Lukaku
Yakubu
Saha
Ferguson
Johnson
Rideout
DCL
TLDR

Bobble mentioning that Leeds want £28 million or and more than half up front. Need to swerve and move to cheaper targets.

Think with us signing O'Brien yesterday we've done exactly that, moved onto the desks we can get in the door the fastest.

Will we revisit the Gnoto deal later, maybe so, we will I believe clearly go for a player of his type, based on analytics - him, minteh and Philogene (sp) are very similar on the data front.

Question is how many more similar players do we have on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back