Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gnonto and Ndiaye both carry the ball a lot and prefer getting shots off.

I'm not sure we can get away with a lot of that.
Regardless of attacking ability, the forward players we have brought in, and the other we are pursuing, are all extremely hard working. If they get shots away that don't work, you can be damn sure they'll bust a lung to get back and help out with the turnover.

That is the only type of attacking player we will ever see in a Dyche side so, seeing as we lack attacking talent in general, I have to say that they are good acquisitions so far, as would Gnonto be if we can get it over the line.

Looking at the team going out today it’s harder and harder to see a 4th winger as the priority for the sort of money Gnonto would go for.

Rather secure a good centre half and centre mid then take a punt on a cheaper, developmental young winger- more like the bracket Gnonto or Minteh were when bought rather than the one they are now. If they need time we still have three wingers + Ndiaye.

Looking at the team going out today it’s harder and harder to see a 4th winger as the priority for the sort of money Gnonto would go for.

Rather secure a good centre half and centre mid then take a punt on a cheaper, developmental young winger- more like the bracket Gnonto or Minteh were when bought rather than the one they are now. If they need time we still have three wingers + Ndiaye.
Another goal scoring attacker is infinitely more important to the team than a centre half or midfield player

Still think we need a winger with genuine pace.

But for me anyways getting a third CB in especially one who can also play RB is absolutely the imperative. Then probably a central mid then winger in that order

But for me anyways getting a third CB in especially one who can also play RB is absolutely the imperative. Then probably a central mid then winger in that order
Bobbles mate reckons we have alternatives to Gnonto if that doesn't come off soon.

For me CB, FB, CM are all critical needs because depth is terrible in those areas but it is probably true that one reliable goal-scorer who would start would have more impact than improving depth elsewhere.

IF we had the budget and pull to obtain an efficient goalscorer that would be the priority but none of the realistic, affordable and obtainable names linked to us fits that description. Only buy a striker it if we can be VERY confident they are a significant upgrade because we do not need ‘depth’ and cannot waste eg £30m on another guy.

We don't score enough goals. Attackers are definitely priority.

Well we will concede a lot more than we score if either of those two idiots have to step into the team for any fixture, regardless of whatever attackers we end up bringing in. We’ve already brought in attackers, we now need to strengthen the defence because I’m looking at an actual League 2 standard defence starting for us today. None of those players are capable of playing Premier League football.

Agree with all of that. Given the budget and all those areas of need the 25m winger with pace seems a bit of an indulgence. Maybe we need to put the recruitment team to the test and see if they can find us a pacy winger in the 5-10m bracket, as Gnonto and Minteh were.

Well that was quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back