Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you even manage to write Tottenham when writing about Everton. What a ridiculous mistake.

Noticed the echo the other day has for half a day a headline up before altering it. Dyche gives four word response when asked about (forget what) then in the article there's the direct quote from Dyche which was five words. They spotted it after about 12 hours and entered the title btw to "five word response)

Funny as a few of the other supposed sights for Everton actually used the four word response thing inside their own articles later that day - so could see clearly that they were just lifting their 'stories' a rewording them from crap like the echo 😂

Brother writes for RBM and have to go give them credit as they actually do write and source their own stuff.

The issue might be cash flow mate if Leeds want a lump of that up front.

It is in large part yes.

Btw if we do pay this out close to the 25m mark then we will 100% be shifting on someone for around the 20m+ mark this summer - the math doesn't add up otherwise on our financials.

Two obvious candidates would be Beto (the club are actively talking to several Italian teams I've been led to believe) and Mykolenko (genuine interest in Jim again from Italy)

Thanks Spurs.

The useless surrender monkeys are good for something, it seems.

I know you don't like the kid mate, but on this one I'm willing to give Thelwell the benefit of the doubt as he does seem to have him as a big priority.

I like the recruitment he's done when going after players - when done over a period (Ndiaye, Lindstrom were both on the radar for a whilst, as has been Gnoto)

Read the article Dave, Tottenham is a misprint he meant Toffees lol
I have no idea why Dyche (or is it Thelwell) believes Gnonto is an asset to bring in.

He's completely lacking in sound judgment. Football is a team game and he isn't a team player.

I think Ndiaye is a bit like that, but at least he has end product.

It is in large part yes.

Btw if we do pay this out close to the 25m mark then we will 100% be shifting on someone for around the 20m+ mark this summer - the math doesn't add up otherwise on our financials.

Two obvious candidates would be Beto (the club are actively talking to several Italian teams I've been led to believe) and Mykolenko (genuine interest in Jim again from Italy)

Would you get 20 mill for Maupay or Keane - though that creates its own problem.

Other thing is wed have 6 weeks to do something next summer - not ideal granted.

The issue might be cash flow mate if Leeds want a lump of that up front.
Leeds big problem is a large amount owed in transfer instalments over the next few years. It would probably make more sense for them to accept a larger overall amount with payments evenly split, as this will help cover their baked in outgoings in the forthcoming summers.

It is in large part yes.

I’m not sure you can say that without knowing the initial up front cash flow in / out on our deals. The cash in from Onana would more than cover the cash out for Gnonto.

We may require sales for PSR at some point that’s not really a matter for this summer.

Leeds big problem is a large amount owed in transfer instalments over the next few years. It would probably make more sense for them to accept a larger overall amount with payments evenly split, as this will help cover their baked in outgoings in the forthcoming summers.

Hard to know mate, they've had a bit of investment lately from Red Bull and also have sold players, they have a few moving parts themselves with Summerville who could go for decent wedge.

I think anything over 20 mill is a lot of money and i think we might need a deadline here - reading between the lines of the Myres stuff, we may have actually walked and given it time to cool or raise the tension.

I have no idea why Dyche (or is it Thelwell) believes Gnonto is an asset to bring in.

He's completely lacking in sound judgment. Football is a team game and he isn't a team player.

I think Ndiaye is a bit like that, but at least he has end product.

In short Dave, Thelwell is recruiting based heavily on analytics.

Gnoto hits certain metrics we are obviously looking at (exceptionally hard working out of possession, very good opposition half defensive stats etc, has the pace we have prioritised as well.

The team player thing really originated from him trying to force through a move to us last season. On is he a team player though - very much so, the data supports that up as well)

Not sure were you get Ndiaye not being a team player from btw, similarly analytics show the polar opposite as do various comments from former managers and players who've stated the complete opposite

I’m not sure you can say that without knowing the initial up front cash flow in / out on our deals. The cash in from Onana would more than cover the cash out for Gnonto.

We may require sales for PSR at some point that’s not really a matter for this summer.

Because mate nobody is remembering we have cash out this summer from players we've bought over the past few years, Beto for example is costing us about 10-12m this summer.

Btw of the up front cash from Onana Lyons sell on comes directly out of that initial payment too.

Hard to know mate, they've had a bit of investment lately from Red Bull and also have sold players, they have a few moving parts themselves with Summerville who could go for decent wedge.

I think anything over 20 mill is a lot of money and i think we might need a deadline here - reading between the lines of the Myres stuff, we may have actually walked and given it time to cool or raise the tension.
I agree, based on 18m for Philogene I think it’s hard to justify more than 22-23 for Willy regardless of the payment terms. There’s probably more long term upside on Gnonto but Philogene did perform better last season.

Fully agree on Minteh btw, we are clearly recruiting based very heavily on analytics, all three of Philly, Gnoto and Minteh share a very big number of similar data - as does the young Colombian player at wolves too btw, of them all Philly cane out on top so think he was in fact the main target

…whilst I’m utterly in favour of analytics, I wonder if the stats totally reflect attitude and application. It’s why I think it’s also important to do homework on players we look to invest in. Posters will know my terminology about ‘playing like the game matters’ (something I think is a weakness for Onana) so you want to watch these lads play and ask a few questions about their professionalism and team ethic.

It’s the doubt I have about Gnonto but if he arrives I’m hoping it’s not as much of an issue as I’ve witnessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back