Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gnonto may be the alternative to Philly and Minta mate..........
Minteh fwiw was more a deal of convenience I believe. He wasn't a first-choice target, more he was on the list and with DCL possibly going to Newcastle it could have worked for everyone. But this idea the club missed out on a huge, priority target that some have said is, as far as I'm aware, wide of the mark.

Philogene was clearly high on the list so perhaps.

Gnonto though - talks have been ongoing since June, according to the person I speak to whose info I have no real reason to doubt, because they don't go running their mouth publicly (or on shows etc).

They'll have a long list I'm sure. Well, they better do, at least.

Minteh fwiw was more a deal of convenience I believe. He wasn't a first-choice target, more he was on the list and with DCL possibly going to Newcastle it could have worked for everyone. But this idea the club missed out on a huge, priority target that some have said is, as far as I'm aware, wide of the mark.

Philogene was clearly high on the list so perhaps.

Gnonto though - talks have been ongoing since June, according to the person I speak to whose info I have no real reason to doubt, because they don't go running their mouth publicly (or on shows etc).

They'll have a long list I'm sure. Well, they better do, at least.

Nice one mate thanks! ;)

Hear a left back may be another target....

Yup, Braithwaithe sadly will have to be sold - not this season btw, he was never going this.

In order to maximise on a sake ehstbwe need to ensure us each season we have at least two very sellable and in demand assets, that way it allows us to dictate conditions or which one we sell depending on fair offers - you saw this happen with the sale of Onana.

Next season trust me if all we have to sell is Braithwaithe we will get low balled again, united new exactly what they were doing btw, we just got around it thanks to a bit of fortune, Luiz going to Bayern created a demand from villa that was unexpected (arsenal and the likes were basically hovering and delaying in order to get him a lot cheaper imo).

Until as you say revenue alters in the new gaff, we will still have to sell each season to stay out of issues though.

Even say a Braithwaithe sale for 100m won't alter that next season, because the season after we will still have the amortisation costs ticking (it's also why it's suicidal if we invest each season what we bring in like zat wants).
Fascinating insight from yourself & @catcherintherye.
It's something I struggle with tbh , I'd much rather we got back to talking footie.

But it really does hit home that we can't let players run their contracts down and walk away for nothing. This has been disastrous for the club for far too long.
Not just Dom , ( although this needs sorting out asap ) there are a few others that need shipping out before it's too late.

Far too many have come in and walked away having been paid handsomely over their contracts , it has to stop.
Buying young ambitious players that can give a few years service at the club and moved on to maximise the rewards are the way to go until theres more stability in the clubs finances .
Over to you Mr Thelwell.

Don't see us getting this one over the line. Leeds held firm in their demands last season and having made sales probably don't need to sell.

Hope I'm proven wrong but just don't see it.

…..amazing, over 70 pages on a player who we don’t seem definitely after;

IMG_9779.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back