Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the team going out today it’s harder and harder to see a 4th winger as the priority for the sort of money Gnonto would go for.

Rather secure a good centre half and centre mid then take a punt on a cheaper, developmental young winger- more like the bracket Gnonto or Minteh were when bought rather than the one they are now. If they need time we still have three wingers + Ndiaye.
Said the same yesterday mate.

You've totally lost me here...

Why would "any sale now would have to be for more than we bought him for".

That doesn't make any sense.

He was signed for £21.5mil with £4mil in add ons on a 4 year contract.

We could make a PSR profit at £16.2mil. An actual profit at £22mil.

So why do i "need" to stop spitting facts?

We haven’t paid anything yet Zat, there’s no profit, PSR or otherwise until next year. Unless someone pays more than we did!

This is Kevin Thelwell we are talking about. The arse pimples on this forum say “let him cook” yet at times he’s served up porridge made in a kettle.

He’s another fella at the club who no one else is envious of us having
Sorry, are you too good for porridge? Stuck 5 minutes in a room with Kev and you'll be gladly paying him 4-course meal prices for it. The moment he got 20m+ for Iwobi Man City called and tried to fire their guy and poach him.

Yup but it's why people like zat suggesting selling and then throwing shed loads at a couple of players are frankly bonkers, yes initially for that season you can just about juggle the numbers, but the following seasons you've given yourself a massive car crash situation.

So say you offload 20m worth, you could in theory sign two 50m players over five year deals each and you'd break even, 20 incoming on the books, fievthst season 20 outgoings.

But for the next four seasons you're having to find 20m from player sales each season to just pay for those players.

It's why in great part the club is so financially screwed up with p&s.

Take the season we splurged 200m for the next 4/5 years we had 40/50m ticking on the books from that...
@Zatara - take note

i mean it was a few weeks ago and it’s dampened. now these signings we’ve made have been done quick

i would lash this is in the prob not pile?
If the O’Brien shouts are true (and by all accounts they seem true) it could mean several things.

Jarrad is gone and we are preparing.
Back 3.
We have switched targets because Leeds have priced us out.
We are still searching for winger but negotiations aren’t going well so we switched priority.

If Jarrad is gone (sad news incoming) then I have no doubts we are still in the market. That’s a lot of incoming dough. But I think this one is dead. At least for now.

If the O’Brien shouts are true (and by all accounts they seem true) it could mean several things.

Jarrad is gone and we are preparing.
Back 3.
We have switched targets because Leeds have priced us out.
We are still searching for winger but negotiations aren’t going well so we switched priority.

If Jarrad is gone (sad news incoming) then I have no doubts we are still in the market. That’s a lot of incoming dough. But I think this one is dead. At least for now.

we aren’t selling JB ( now anyway )

this feller is if tarks injured?
and looking into next season?

my opinion if we wanted this gnonto

we would of already signed
him

i think we’re been told no by him or the club

Yup but it's why people like zat suggesting selling and then throwing shed loads at a couple of players are frankly bonkers, yes initially for that season you can just about juggle the numbers, but the following seasons you've given yourself a massive car crash situation.

So say you offload 20m worth, you could in theory sign two 50m players over five year deals each and you'd break even, 20 incoming on the books, fievthst season 20 outgoings.

But for the next four seasons you're having to find 20m from player sales each season to just pay for those players.

It's why in great part the club is so financially screwed up with p&s.

Take the season we splurged 200m for the next 4/5 years we had 40/50m ticking on the books from that...

Yep, they are this season and maybe next too if we sell Branthwaite but Zats policy dictates that you have to make a big sale every season and that's nowhere near a given.

The types of players he is on about are not coming to play in a Dyche team.

Yes all true. I think we are still in the midst of the recovery phase. Dyche and Thelwell for all their criticisms understand that in a way I doubt any manager post Moyes has really understood the importance of not wasting money.

And you are right when you say, we need to sell £50m+ of players a season. We have always had too. It should have also been the approach, and when you think that way you start to conduct yourself differently.

If we can keep developing Brainthwaite and maybe get close to £100m for him, that starts to give a bit more wriggle more, as it did for Villa with Grealish and West Ham with Rice. A new stadium that brings in maybe another 20-30m in revenue, hopefully some more money from concerts and sponsorships will also help. As should hopefully clearing some debt down and restructuring on a lower rate. That could easily see the club in 50m-70m net better position.

Yup, Braithwaithe sadly will have to be sold - not this season btw, he was never going this.

In order to maximise on a sake ehstbwe need to ensure us each season we have at least two very sellable and in demand assets, that way it allows us to dictate conditions or which one we sell depending on fair offers - you saw this happen with the sale of Onana.

Next season trust me if all we have to sell is Braithwaithe we will get low balled again, united new exactly what they were doing btw, we just got around it thanks to a bit of fortune, Luiz going to Bayern created a demand from villa that was unexpected (arsenal and the likes were basically hovering and delaying in order to get him a lot cheaper imo).

Until as you say revenue alters in the new gaff, we will still have to sell each season to stay out of issues though.

Even say a Braithwaithe sale for 100m won't alter that next season, because the season after we will still have the amortisation costs ticking (it's also why it's suicidal if we invest each season what we bring in like zat wants).

I feel that my post has been re-written :)

What I posted was:

A: If we have a new owner with cash behind them

B: If we finish 8th-10th and the new owners want to get us into & cemented quickly into the top 6

C: If weve already managed to successfully sign the players to fill the squad and move to only looking to sign 2 1st team players a summer.

Then we may well see a CM / CF signed to break our transfer record.

Not to mention, to maximise a world class stadium you need to have revenue streams -- which increase based upon having top players.

Many caveats as above.

I feel that my post has been re-written :)

What I posted was:

A: If we have a new owner with cash behind them

B: If we finish 8th-10th and the new owners want to get us into & cemented quickly into the top 6

C: If weve already managed to successfully sign the players to fill the squad and move to only looking to sign 2 1st team players a summer.

Then we may well see a CM / CF signed to break our transfer record.

Not to mention, to maximise a world class stadium you need to have revenue streams -- which increase based upon having top players.

Many caveats as above.

….and if I was born in Glasgow I’d be a Scotch Egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back