Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely thought when Lavia went to Chelsea that would have an effect on his price.
Teams will always use other fees to justify the price they want. I do it myself when I'm thinking in my head about what kind of value a player has.

But equally the market is only at that level when Chelsea are interested, because no other team pays the same level of fees.

So I'm not sure it really makes sense for them to use that as an example. Everton are not Chelsea. The market is set largely by the wealth of the buying club.

I personally don't see value in this deal and don't understand why we are still focused on the deal after so many weeks of getting nowhere.

I'm not convinced there's been any point this has been likely to happen.
You're right. This is the Brereton-Diaz 'bid' from last summer all over agian.

People are still falling for this nonsense though.

It does have all the markers of the "we tried so hard" transfer of the summer 23 window

But we will soon find out

There's nothing they can do now in this window that will make me think it's a successful one anyway. We have started the season a far worse team than we ended last season, and that's absolutely unacceptable. I want to see accountability.

Teams will always use other fees to justify the price they want. I do it myself when I'm thinking in my head about what kind of value a player has.

But equally the market is only at that level when Chelsea are interested, because no other team pays the same level of fees.

So I'm not sure it really makes sense for them to use that as an example. Everton are not Chelsea. The market is set largely by the wealth of the buying club.

That article basically saying Leeds would only sell if a silly offer came in.

We haven't got silly money.

Time to move on.
If we have had bid 30 id say that would be his value and would be great deal for them. For us id stilk say we had over paid but not by to much. 40/50 is just insane has done nothing to meet that with lavia atleast playing most of the games. Need make last offer or walk

It’s almost like he’s the only player across world football that’s worthy of pursuing.

They should be out trying to find the next Gnonto at the price Leeds paid for this one.

If we have 30m to throw at a player, there’s far better available than this lad for that price.

It does have all the markers of the "we tried so hard" transfer of the summer 23 window

But we will soon find out

There's nothing they can do now in this window that will make me think it's a successful one anyway. We have started the season a far worse team than we ended last season, and that's absolutely unacceptable. I want to see accountability.
The calculation all summer havs been that since Luton and Sheffield United were promoted and are likely to go straight back down then we can coast through this summer;'s window dloing no serious business.

It's my belief that strategy gets us relegated. The first two games show that we are every bit as dire as any promoted club. No cutting edge and no goal scoring potential.

They've sealed our fate thus summer, once and for all.

I
It’s almost like he’s the only player across world football that’s worthy of pursuing.

They should be out trying to find the next Gnonto at the price Leeds paid for this one.

If we have 30m to throw at a player, there’s far better available than this lad for that price.
I bet there are hundreds of footballers around Europe who have the same qualities as Gnoto; you could probably get 3 in for the amount we’re paying.

I haven’t seen enough of the lad, but it’s bizarre that we’ve, again, put all our eggs in this basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back