Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've accepted it's time to move on. See that £25m we were willing to spend and reinvest across the squad:

£8m - for CHO. Sure, he's an injury magnet but if we got any of the talent he showcased when he broke through, he could be a real valuable asset.
£8m - for Balde. In light of Iwobis injury and if CHO is coming alongside, doubling up on the right wing would be wise. Plus he can play across the front 3 which will be ideal when the injury crisis strikes.
Or we could spend £12m on Johan Bakayoko - high quality, high potential pure RW.
£10m - for Nico Elvedi. Strong, starting CB with good passing range and physicality. Rarely injured as well.
£3m - for Emiliano Martinez (the Midfielder). Statistically, an excellent successor to Gana Gueye
There's also a few options to pick up on loan that would demand a low £m loan fee:
Sulemana, Holding, Kalvin Phillip

I've accepted it's time to move on. See that £25m we were willing to spend and reinvest across the squad:

£8m - for CHO. Sure, he's an injury magnet but if we got any of the talent he showcased when he broke through, he could be a real valuable asset.
£8m - for Balde. In light of Iwobis injury and if CHO is coming alongside, doubling up on the right wing would be wise. Plus he can play across the front 3 which will be ideal when the injury crisis strikes.
Or we could spend £12m on Johan Bakayoko - high quality, high potential pure RW.
£10m - for Nico Elvedi. Strong, starting CB with good passing range and physicality. Rarely injured as well.
£3m - for Emiliano Martinez (the Midfielder). Statistically, an excellent successor to Gana Gueye
There's also a few options to pick up on loan that would demand a low £m loan fee:
Sulemana, Holding, Kalvin Phillip
Yup, I’m definitely of the opinion that unless there is more money than we think (and they’re sure taking their time to spend it) it’s too much to invest in one player when we have too many problems to solve.

Not sure we could get Bakayoko for the price you state but if we could conceivably bring in three others then sadly I’m not sure we can afford the luxury signing that is Gnonto.

My biggest fear is we hold off hoping Leeds cave on deadline day and if they dont we won’t have time to reinvest. We simply can’t leave any of our meagre budget unspent this window.

I really hope I’m wrong, I just don’t see a £30 million payer in Gnonto, and I’m always very dubious about signing Italians.

Not sure where he fits exactly either.
The role is an interesting one. On paper we have the four wingers we need in McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison and Dobbin plus the option of Iwobi.

The attacking area we need filled is centrally where Doucoure plays because he doesn’t have the technique or the creativity to play there effectively. Gnonto has played centrally quite a bit so I’d guess if we’re still pursuing it’s with that in mind?

I have my doubts that although he’s quick and skilful he’s not quite got the creativity to make a team tick as a 10 but if the recruitment team are still clinging onto him as a key priority they have to see something he can add that the other (very decent) wingers can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back