Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The role is an interesting one. On paper we have the four wingers we need in McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison and Dobbin plus the option of Iwobi.

The attacking area we need filled is centrally where Doucoure plays because he doesn’t have the technique or the creativity to play there effectively. Gnonto has played centrally quite a bit so I’d guess if we’re still pursuing it’s with that in mind?

I have my doubts that although he’s quick and skilful he’s not quite got the creativity to make a team tick as a 10 but if the recruitment team are still clinging onto him as a key priority they have to see something he can add that the other (very decent) wingers can’t.
We certainly need some one that can play in the middle and can create chances. I don't know if Gnonto is that player.
He is young, should continue to improve and he certainly does not seem to be lacking the aggression we could so badly do with.

The role is an interesting one. On paper we have the four wingers we need in McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison and Dobbin plus the option of Iwobi.

The attacking area we need filled is centrally where Doucoure plays because he doesn’t have the technique or the creativity to play there effectively. Gnonto has played centrally quite a bit so I’d guess if we’re still pursuing it’s with that in mind?

I have my doubts that although he’s quick and skilful he’s not quite got the creativity to make a team tick as a 10 but if the recruitment team are still clinging onto him as a key priority they have to see something he can add that the other (very decent) wingers can’t.

Yea agree mate, its going to interesting how this playes out.

We seem to have gone hard on him, so if it does not happen you would expect us to have a similar type player lined up !?!

My worry is its just a panic / scatter gun approach of short termism like always.

Who has picked him...for what system in mind etc.

Exactly.

The whole club is dysfunctional.

It's a bogus bid anyway like, but £30M for a player who helped relegate Leeds who paid £4M for him is exactly why Everton got into this FFP mess.

With Adams and Gnonto fees, if you added them together - you are probably hitting a price Forrest would accept for Brennen Johnson.

Hes not coming here though, we have the profile of a skip fire.

But it illustrates that finance is only one aspect of our recruitment problem, profile is another.

People always ask do we think Everton can only work on one deal at a time

Well I think all the evidence suggests that it's probably true
. So that's why I prefer us to move on to other targets rather than drag deals out to the end of the window.

Leaving things until deadline day is a thing that relegation candidates do. Until we start acting like an established mid table club again, we will always be close to relegation.

And for the fans, we need to stop accepting the drivel about judging the side at the end of the window. It's a woeful excuse and not one that an organised and competent club would ever make. Don't accept their excuses, call them out on it.
This is one of those myths that continues to be peddled while it remains unchecked.

Theres many things to criticise the club about so why the need to use evidently false statements as a stick to beat them with. See evidence below of our buisness from January 2022 and the dates players signed, officially:

January Transfer Window 2022
Mykolenko 1st January 2022
Patterson 4th January 2022
El Ghazi 13th January 2022
Dele 31st January 2022
Van De Beek 31st January 2022

Mykolenko and Paterson signed 3 days apart

Dele and Van De Beek signed on the same day

Summer Transfer Window 2022
Tarkowski 2nd July 2022
Vinagre 27th July 2022
Mc Neil 28th July 2022
Coady 8th August 2022
Onana 9th August 2022
Maupay 26th August 2022
Garner 1st September 2022
Gueye 1st September 2022

Vinagre and Mc Neil signed 1 day apart

Coady and Onana signed 1 day apart

Maupay, Garner and Gueye all signed In a 7 day period

Summer Transfer Window 2023
Young 13th July 2023
Danjuma 23rd July 2023
Chermiti 11th august 2023
Harrison 14th august 2023

Chermiti and Harrison signed 3 days apart.

That doesn't even take into considerstion working on outgoing deals.

So unless you think from negotiations start to the entire process ending with the signing and official announcement takes 1 day then the evidence shows that we do work on more than 1 deal at a time. And thats just deals that we completed.

Rumours that we are working on Gnonto and Adams at the moment too, again contradicts the 1 deal at a time statement.

This is one of those myths that continues to be peddled while it remains unchecked.

Theres many things to criticise the club about so why the need to use evidently false statements as a stick to beat them with. See evidence below of our buisness from January 2022 and the dates players signed, officially:

January Transfer Window 2022
Mykolenko 1st January 2022
Patterson 4th January 2022
El Ghazi 13th January 2022
Dele 31st January 2022
Van De Beek 31st January 2022

Mykolenko and Paterson signed 3 days apart

Dele and Van De Beek signed on the same day

Summer Transfer Window 2022
Tarkowski 2nd July 2022
Vinagre 27th July 2022
Mc Neil 28th July 2022
Coady 8th August 2022
Onana 9th August 2022
Maupay 26th August 2022
Garner 1st September 2022
Gueye 1st September 2022

Vinagre and Mc Neil signed 1 day apart

Coady and Onana signed 1 day apart

Maupay, Garner and Gueye all signed In a 7 day period

Summer Transfer Window 2023
Young 13th July 2023
Danjuma 23rd July 2023
Chermiti 11th august 2023
Harrison 14th august 2023

Chermiti and Harrison signed 3 days apart.

That doesn't even take into considerstion working on outgoing deals.

So unless you think from negotiations start to the entire process ending with the signing and official announcement takes 1 day then the evidence shows that we do work on more than 1 deal at a time. And thats just deals that we completed.

Rumours that we are working on Gnonto and Adams at the moment too, again contradicts the 1 deal at a time statement.
The point is in relation to players for the same position and having ongoing negotiations for alternatives. Too many times we have missed out on a player in a key position and not signed an alternative. Last year it seemed to be Broja and we didn't get another forward. It was the right back position where we were unable to strengthen for many years.

The point is in relation to players for the same position and having ongoing negotiations for alternatives. Too many times we have missed out on a player in a key position and not signed an alternative. Last year it seemed to be Broja and we didn't get another forward. It was the right back position where we were unable to strengthen for many years.
You made your statement about working on 1 deal at a time. I showed evidence that thats incorrect.

If you are saying that we can only work on 1 deal per position without working on alternatives at the same time then prove that. Show the evidence. But you won't because it's an assumption.

You made your statement about working on 1 deal at a time. I showed evidence that thats incorrect.

If you are saying that we can only work on 1 deal per position without working on alternatives at the same time then prove that. Show the evidence. But you won't because it's an assumption.
Yes it is an assumption. But we do more late business than early business

Why? He signed a contract...Its up to them whether he goes or not and up to a team to pay the valuation.
They could value him at 50 million, a price nobody's paying. So you could argue he's being held against his will as its such an unrealistic sum. So is 30.

But as you say he's a Leeds player. They have the final say... But what if he downs tools and is stuck in the reserves until January? They wouldn't get 20 million then.

We move on and Leeds are left with a player who is basically finished at the club.

If no one else comes in for him they are screwed.

Does this not put us in a strong position?

If they want to cut off their own nose, let em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back