Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could value him at 50 million, a price nobody's paying. So you could argue he's being held against his will as its such an unrealistic sum. So is 30.

But as you say he's a Leeds player. They have the final say... But what if he downs tools and is stuck in the reserves until January? They wouldn't get 20 million then.
It's all supply and demand. They will have a figure in their head that needs to be met also if there is sell on to the previous club that will further cause them to dig in.

I personally feel it may have gone to far now,also with his agent piping up am not sure that has helped.

With Adams and Gnonto fees, if you added them together - you are probably hitting a price Forrest would accept for Brennen Johnson.

Hes not coming here though, we have the profile of a skip fire.

But it illustrates that finance is only one aspect of our recruitment problem, profile is another.
Joke around Leeds is that they're letting him go to Everton on a free as punishment for his attitude.,😉

We move on and Leeds are left with a player who is basically finished at the club.

If no one else comes in for him they are screwed.

Does this not put us in a strong position?

If they want to cut off their own nose, let em.
Honestly is the owners trying to make us pay crazy money, but is time if they went up to 30 fine time to walk away if the story true. About them trying get lavia money for him

People always ask do we think Everton can only work on one deal at a time

Well I think all the evidence suggests that it's probably true. So that's why I prefer us to move on to other targets rather than drag deals out to the end of the window.

Leaving things until deadline day is a thing that relegation candidates do. Until we start acting like an established mid table club again, we will always be close to relegation.

And for the fans, we need to stop accepting the drivel about judging the side at the end of the window. It's a woeful excuse and not one that an organised and competent club would ever make. Don't accept their excuses, call them out on it.
I think the one deal at a time business is to do with the fact we are cash strapped. We have to wait and see what money is left from the pot after the previous transfer deal and then act accordingly. Can’t go throwing around too many offers cause if they get excepted we haven’t the cash to pay for them. A crap state of affairs to be in tbf.

Hopefully a solution is found to this, was just reading a thread on twitter and Leeds fans really don't want him playing for them again.

This is the thing - unless he's reintegrated his value plummets. Its going to be very hard to reintegrate him.

Tough crowd at Leeds and they aren't happy campers, Gnonto will represent all the poor deals and want a way players that are hurting them at the moment.

The face saving here is they get a good deal over what realistically his value - like we are trying to do.

HE TRIED CALLING ME YESTERDAY
2DACE20C-79E8-48E4-9302-D96201D67B63.webp

He left a message: “you alright fella, dont suppose you could get the elephant and the geriatric to increase the bid, warra day it will be when i get out of Leeds, ciao-Willy”

They don't want him reintegrated mate, they are making it quite clear they think it's best he just leaves so they can get a replacement.

I see that a lot mate, i know a couple of Leeds fans and they want him gone.

Thinking more of the board, the decision for them is dig your heels in and look hard and the players value plummets by not being able to reintegrate him, or tap out by getting an inflated fee at peak value.

The decision really is to cut your nose off to spite your face or not.

Leeds will 100% sell him for less than we’re offering once we pull out, that’s why they’re posturing about it, purely because it’s us bidding

The £25/30m is better spent getting 2 of the 4 other players we’ve been linked with i.e Sulemana, Bakayoko, Borges or Hudson-Odoi and still have change over to look for a CB and CM

Leeds will 100% sell him for less than we’re offering once we pull out, that’s why they’re posturing about it, purely because it’s us bidding

The £25/30m is better spent getting 2 of the 4 other players we’ve been linked with i.e Sulemana, Bakayoko, Borges or Hudson-Odoi and still have change over to look for a CB and CM

Sure of that too, Leeds board have made it personal, maybe its because they were relegated instead of us. They were one of the clubs trying to get us prosecuted. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back