Will the season get halted amid the new COVID-19 spike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands, the 18 cases were limited to three clubs - Fulham, City and Sheff Utd (albeit we played them 2 days ago like).

The latest round of testing was done yesterday.

Those results will start seeping through over the course of today and tomorrow.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have a few players unavailable for West Ham.

As long as none of our lads shook hands with Chris Wilder we'll be sound. He's always picking his nose, talking behind his hand, scratching his ballsack etc .

He's the meffy version of Joachim Low

If they let it run into what would be next season, call it 2020/2022 and then they could cancel next season and we all save a year of season tickets. (if you see what I mean).

If they let it run into what would be next season, call it 2020/2022 and then they could cancel next season and we all save a year of season tickets. (if you see what I mean).

I did a quick survey.
With the current manager, 86.3% of Spurs S/T holders would be happy with this, the other 13.7% couldn't be contacted.

I'd rather just shut it down for X amount of time, than this unpredictable kind of ad-hoc "let's shut down this one and then this one but not this one."

Especially since City pulled some sh*thousery on us. They called it off only a few hours before the match. The idea that the team with the deepest squad in the PL and among the deepest 3-4 squads in all of world football (Man City B-team on its own would be top-half and maybe compete for a Europe slot) needed to postpone is ludicrous. They did it for their own competitive reasons. That we could also benefit from the break because our own squad is in tatters is beyond the point. We were not involved in the discussion. They did it with the league behind our back. It was a farce.

Of course since this virus is killing people safety has to come first. I don't doubt that there are a lot of people sick over there. But the way it's set up now it's too uneven in its application, too easy to abuse. I think our club has a decent case to make that City should be forced to forfeit given the underhanded way they did this. But that would encourage teams to not report, and more people would get sick.

We can't even be sure that the "system" in place (if you want to call it that) is stopping the spread of virus.

I understand that it's bad and getting worse in the UK right now. With that as a background I don't think limping along and picking out individual games to cancel makes sense. Spurs-Fulham is now not being played.

My secret fear also is that one of our vital people gets it, just as our squad is becoming strong enough to compete at the highest levels.

then I realize that many, many more ordinary people are going to get sick and die and I feel petty about a football team. I live in New York City and the height of the spread here in late March was terrifying. Ambulances every 2-3 minutes, round the clock for days. So that colors my thinking.

Just shut it all down for a couple of weeks.

I'd rather just shut it down for X amount of time, than this unpredictable kind of ad-hoc "let's shut down this one and then this one but not this one."

Especially since City pulled some sh*thousery on us. They called it off only a few hours before the match. The idea that the team with the deepest squad in the PL and among the deepest 3-4 squads in all of world football (Man City B-team on its own would be top-half and maybe compete for a Europe slot) needed to postpone is ludicrous. They did it for their own competitive reasons. That we could also benefit from the break because our own squad is in tatters is beyond the point. We were not involved in the discussion. They did it with the league behind our back. It was a farce.

Of course since this virus is killing people safety has to come first. I don't doubt that there are a lot of people sick over there. But the way it's set up now it's too uneven in its application, too easy to abuse. I think our club has a decent case to make that City should be forced to forfeit given the underhanded way they did this. But that would encourage teams to not report, and more people would get sick.

We can't even be sure that the "system" in place (if you want to call it that) is stopping the spread of virus.

I understand that it's bad and getting worse in the UK right now. With that as a background I don't think limping along and picking out individual games to cancel makes sense. Spurs-Fulham is now not being played.

My secret fear also is that one of our vital people gets it, just as our squad is becoming strong enough to compete at the highest levels.

then I realize that many, many more ordinary people are going to get sick and die and I feel petty about a football team. I live in New York City and the height of the spread here in late March was terrifying. Ambulances every 2-3 minutes, round the clock for days. So that colors my thinking.

Just shut it all down for a couple of weeks.

Well Fulham also asked the P/L for the Spurs game to be cancelled and the game was only cancelled 4hrs before K.O. but because the reason is because of a pandemic, I don't want Fulham to have to forfeit the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back