World Snooker Championship

I don't understand that at all
Basically, as far as I can make out, he hasn't done anything unfair or illegal in order to win a snooker match (correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore he hasn't cheated at snooker

Now if a sportsperson bets on themselves to win, I can't see any moral dilema. There's no advantage for them in their chosen sport and they can't guarantee that they'll win the bet. therefore not cheating, although usually the governing bodies of each sport tend to prohibit any gambling by their members so they would be guilty of breaking one of their rules

If they bet on themselves to lose, they do have the option of deliberately losing. Therefore they would be cheating at gambling.

Basically, as far as I can make out, he hasn't done anything unfair or illegal in order to win a snooker match (correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore he hasn't cheated at snooker

Now if a sportsperson bets on themselves to win, I can't see any moral dilema. There's no advantage for them in their chosen sport and they can't guarantee that they'll win the bet. therefore not cheating, although usually the governing bodies of each sport tend to prohibit any gambling by their members so they would be guilty of breaking one of their rules

If they bet on themselves to lose, they do have the option of deliberately losing. Therefore they would be cheating at gambling.
There are rules in place re gambling on the sport you are part of . Whether it's snooker, football, horse racing etc.
By doing so you are bringing the sport into disrepute. And the doubt will be there whether he gambled on his own games or not.
Quentin hann, Stephen Lee and a host of Chinese players are currently banned also . It looks terrible and for me I consider him to be a cheat .

There are rules in place re gambling on the sport you are part of . Whether it's snooker, football, horse racing etc.
By doing so you are bringing the sport into disrepute. And the doubt will be there whether he gambled on his own games or not.
Quentin hann, Stephen Lee and a host of Chinese players are currently banned also . It looks terrible and for me I consider him to be a cheat .
Nicked from elsewhere.

"
The entire operation was a complete fabrication by the "Fake Sheikh" who would later be jailed for other various nefarious and illegal operations.

Basically the NOTW taped Higgins in two different conversations. One was strictly discussing the possibility of running an exhibition somewhere like Hong Kong and if he did, can they be arranged/fixed. Anyone who has watched an exhibition where a pro "throws" a game vs a kid or a disabled player will know what fixed means. Higgins said of course it could be. Then the next day they had another conversation about proper tournaments with no talk of rigging. The NOTW/Sheikh edited the two conversations together to make it look like Higgins would fix a ranking tournament.

I don't think anyone in this* forum should need to be told which side to pick when the NOTW is on one half of it.

The same (& only) guy who is trying to shine a light on Man City's financial cheating has a very good report on it here which is must-reading for any snooker fan, especially those like me who until a week ago had a question mark over Higgins."

Nicked from elsewhere.

"
The entire operation was a complete fabrication by the "Fake Sheikh" who would later be jailed for other various nefarious and illegal operations.

Basically the NOTW taped Higgins in two different conversations. One was strictly discussing the possibility of running an exhibition somewhere like Hong Kong and if he did, can they be arranged/fixed. Anyone who has watched an exhibition where a pro "throws" a game vs a kid or a disabled player will know what fixed means. Higgins said of course it could be. Then the next day they had another conversation about proper tournaments with no talk of rigging. The NOTW/Sheikh edited the two conversations together to make it look like Higgins would fix a ranking tournament.

I don't think anyone in this* forum should need to be told which side to pick when the NOTW is on one half of it.

The same (& only) guy who is trying to shine a light on Man City's financial cheating has a very good report on it here which is must-reading for any snooker fan, especially those like me who until a week ago had a question mark over Higgins."

Have read that . Grain of salt perhaps.
But the post above was discussing Bingham. He admitted gambling on snooker.

Fair enough. It's not good if anyone is throwing games. Although, personally, I'd consider him to be a bit dishonest.
As far is snooker is concerned, I don't consider it to be cheating.

By the same token, there are rules in place in football regarding spending. We appear to have broken those rules (along with others). Regardless of what we might think about the severity of the punishment or the consistancy of the governing bodies in dishing out punishment, do you think Everton are cheats?

Fair enough. It's not good if anyone is throwing games. Although, personally, I'd consider him to be a bit dishonest.
As far is snooker is concerned, I don't consider it to be cheating.

By the same token, there are rules in place in football regarding spending. We appear to have broken those rules (along with others). Regardless of what we might think about the severity of the punishment or the consistancy of the governing bodies in dishing out punishment, do you think Everton are cheats?
The rules re spending are totally and utterly ridiculous and not the same for every club at all.
We had a player once upon a time suspended for gambling on games. He was a cheat

The rules re spending are totally and utterly ridiculous and not the same for every club at all.
We had a player once upon a time suspended for gambling on games. He was a cheat
I don't think the rules are ridiculous and they appear to be the same for every club. how the governing bodies apply those rules and which teams they choose to punish is where we see the difference and totally ridiculous.
As I say, If I bet on myself to win at a particular sport, I think it's ridiculous to say it's wrong.

Fair enough though. I don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this one.

I don't think the rules are ridiculous and they appear to be the same for every club. how the governing bodies apply those rules and which teams they choose to punish is where we see the difference and totally ridiculous.
As I say, If I bet on myself to win at a particular sport, I think it's ridiculous to say it's wrong.

Fair enough though. I don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this one.
They aren't the same though. All depends on turnover and sponsorship deals .
You are not allowed bet on the sport you partake in . You know that before you place the bet. So it is wrong then.

Anyway back to snooker. Looks like both semis are going to be tight.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back