World Snooker Championship

Bingham should win from here, but would you really have any confidence in him?

I think he'll gain loads from this win, but I think there's a touch of hubris off him that might cost him dear.

Dave Gilbert vs Kyren Wilson
Stuart Bingham vs Jak Jones

(Bingham the 2015 WC). Anyone see this coming? It can't just be harsher pockets that's seen so many seeded players laid waste.

Only just got over that last night. It’s lost its magic a bit now. Really wanted Higgins and Ronnie in the semis.
Too many household names are completely off-colour. That's not the fault of the final four players, but from a narrative perspective this is snore city now. I expected a Trump/O'Sullivan semi with, perhaps, Selby waiting in the final. Throw in Williams and Higgins going on runs, and Robertson and Allen surging through the draw and we could have had quite the event. Instead, it's a non-event. Again, not the fault of the last four - and they'll rightly be delighted - but I'd be amazed if the PR people behind this tournament have any hair left.

Let's face it, the very fact that Mark Allen is the new number one despite this no-show tells you all you need to know about the current form of the erstwhile top players. Deeply underwhelming.

By the way, Kyren Wilson has been telling all-comers for years that he'll be world champion some day. Well, you're up, Kyren. Blow this and, let's face it, you'll be a slightly younger Mark Allen.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back