• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Worst tackle you've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravesen's tackle on Bernard was terrible, I think we scored a few seconds later (if I remember correctly) I can't find a video of it, just this still.
View attachment 255745
Yeah, we played on for ages, whilst they were telling us to kick it out so Bernard?? could get treatment. We ended up getting a penalty and unsworth smashed it in. We should have let Gravesen take it just to wind the geordies up a bit more.

Not really a tackle but Maradonas flying knee at Barca will always be the peak of onfield violence

What kind of ban did he get for this ? completely ko'd the guy. In modern times that would have you in trouble with the law and a year long ban you would imagine.

Not really a tackle but Maradonas flying knee at Barca will always be the peak of onfield violence

What kind of ban did he get for this ? completely ko'd the guy. In modern times that would have you in trouble with the law and a year long ban you would imagine.

I think he got a yellow, certainly a stern telling off. Different times lol

Can't seem to see any clip of Gerrard on Naysmith on Youtube. Anyone know if it is online anywhere?

I remember Gerrard on George Boateng for Villa, before the Naysmith one. Absolutely disgraceful challenge and one that Gerrard should have learnt his lesson from as he seemed to even be a bit genuinely disappointed in himself after he'd made that one if I remember rightly.

It has to be said the Gary Stevens one on Jim Beglin back in 1987 was a horror tackle. Don't know how he escaped a red card that night. Beglin barely played again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back