• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Worst tackle you've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, they were both awful.

Mirallas returned the favour at some point IIRC. Glorious.
Yeah,that was the next season,think about 15/20 minutes in he basically just booted him up the oraface,there was a scream/yelp from "sorearse"😉and I think we all thought mirallas would walk and that he'd cost us the game,maybe the ref knew thé previous mitigating circumstances and just dished out a yellow,was hilarious though🤣

Marwood on Adrian Heath is up there, it wasn’t just the view of it happening it was the noise it made as well, then Goodison just went quiet for a few seconds!
It was inevitable Marwood would get “done” not long afterwards,, it was just a case of who would do him!

Gerrard on Naismith was the action of a total coward!
Still makes me sick to this day. Reid is excused as he was doing Gods work.

There was a player at St Johnstone in the 80's called John Pelosi and he was the dirtiest player ever seen and was sent off dont know how many times in his career. Queen's Park played them at Hampden in the mid 80's and he went in flying two footed off the ground on one of the QP players and sent him flying who then got carried off injured and Pelosi got sent off. He was fouling left, right and centre during the match, just like the rest of the team and remember that all 10 of St Johnstone's outfield players got booked!!! He also ended the career of somebody with a tackle who ended up suing him!!! He made Vinny Jones look like a saint

Witsel threw one in a few years ago. Stomach turner. Also that elbow by that scumbag who's name I forget down on the south coast, think it was against spurs. Blindsiding someone is very cowardly. Shame the game doesn't cater for straighteners anymore, unless it's haircuts.

I'd like to think a team mate or two would leather him for that. Either side. Really naughty.

Gary Bennett on Ian Knight - horrific.

Sheffield Wednesday v Chester City Feb '87.

Leg broken in seven places, lad of 20, England U21 player, has his career effectively ended. (Made about 30 more appearances for various clubs, in a span of six years after that night).

Read about that and he described his leg as being like "wet liver" afterwards ...

Grim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back