Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The appointment is absolutely on Moshiri and the board though. He owns the club and he makes the final decision. I do not believe he is naive enough to fail to realise that there are so many reservations that this would lead to division and a situation that makes failure seem pretty inevitable.
Its all on Moshiri, Rafael, Fat Sam, Baxendale, Brands, Koeman, Silva, Carlo, all of them, total horrorshow and the new stadium dosent mean its ok as by the time we get there we will be a shadow left behind by many clubs, not just the obvious ones but West Ham and possibly Newcastle too.

We’ve had one decent season since Moshiri came in (Koeman’s first) and zero since we sold Lukaku

The next manager will fail too with the current squad and board

Well answer your own query, name someone who will do a better job. I do agree with you that we will struggle until January when three or four players will come in to strengthen the squad, but surely you agree that injuries have played a big part in the poor results of the last three games.
Injuries have played their part, but some of the tactical decision making has been woeful, two man midfield being constantly over run, players with no idea where to be at set pieces, Rondon causing a total eclipse of the sun etc..

I'm not getting into the "who is better and available" game because all that will happen is you will tell me they won't come here or that they aren't better than Benitez and frankly life is too short. If you are happy with the way our team is setup then you will live a long and happy life because if this doesn't depress you 99% of things won't. Best of luck to you.

Its all on Moshiri, Rafael, Fat Sam, Baxendale, Brands, Koeman, Silva, Carlo, all of them, total horrorshow and the new stadium dosent mean its ok as by the time we get there we will be a shadow left behind by many clubs, not just the obvious ones but West Ham and possibly Newcastle too.
So to sum up, it's everyone's fault except Benitez's? The only one choosing the system and players? OK.

Snap poll...

Heated debate across several threads about whether our current malaise is Benitez, the players, rot in the wider club, or a cumulative effect.

So, if Benitez left tomorrow (and nothing else changed) would we improve?

No, not one bit, there is something rotten in our club, 20 odd years of medriocrity doesn't lie and you can change the manager every season and it will not make a difference and we do.
Never wanted Benitez at all, but when he said he was looking at every facet of the club, I thought he was on the right track. From our youth system, our medical team, our training and our boardroom, we are doing things wrong and change is needed.

I did and we were. We're worse now than even at the end of last season and there's only one variable that has changed.
Wrong again, we are better now then the end of the last season, 3 points of Europe and 6 off the champions league, last season we were 6 of Europe and 8 off the CL, so again you are wrong

If gimps like Kenwright and Brands left there would be a quicker change
you’re probably right but do you think either of them had any part in this appointment? Personally I’d take some convincing.

As regards changing the manager changing the situation , I’m not sure it would . It might improve the atmosphere a bit , well actually a lot and make people a bit more engaged but we’re back to that hodgepodge of a squad .

The other thing about last night , the OTT histrionics from players felt a little bit like a telegraphed not me lads , I’m a true blue, attempt to distance themselves from what was unfolding . If it was That , the lack of team ethos seems about right for us but also reeks of players who know the primary target will always be the bloke in the dugout so that could change as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back