Would Tim Cahill be a starter under Roberto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know hypotheticals inherently attract too many 'what ifs' for a considered discussion, but as much as I rate TC, I'm wondering if his type of play would fit. Most of you guys watch the games day in, day out, but I'm limited to whatever highlights the OS decide to release, so it's hard to compare from a distance.

Any thoughts chaps?

No. Maybe when he was at his peak 2006-2009 but not now no. Mccarthy-beast and Barry-beast have midfield nailed down (and Gibson is obviously out injured).

Plus Lukaku-beast ain't giving his spot away is he?

Naw. Moyes liked his no.10 to be more physical players Cahill/Felli Martinez likes his to be sex gods of the footballsphere - Barkley.

I think Tim would have been a much better player under Martinez. Maybe not so prolific, but his overall game would have been more fully developed.

Not with this current team now (although I'd start him in the derby as he always used to destroy the ****e), be a great super sub to bring on though. Absolute hero Tim Cahill, I'd love him in our back room staff when he retires.

I don't think Martinez would have rated Cahill very highly.

He was either an 8-10 goal a-season striker or a technically limited midfielder.

I know hypotheticals inherently attract too many 'what ifs' for a considered discussion, but as much as I rate TC, I'm wondering if his type of play would fit. Most of you guys watch the games day in, day out, but I'm limited to whatever highlights the OS decide to release, so it's hard to compare from a distance.

Any thoughts chaps?

No. Never!

who knows ... jagelkia has come on leaps and bounds passing wise in a few months cahills would be slightly past it now if he was 25-28 he could make some impact am sure

In his prime Cahill would have started games under Martinez. His technique would have improved with Martinez's coaching and he'd have been an even better player than the one we saw.

If Naismith can get on the bench then Cahill would have started.

Tim Cahill done more for Everton than Duncan Ferguson. I don't think he would be in the starting 11 now though,times have changed.

Definitely - if he still has what it takes - he would be a decent addition. If we need an extra player for 2 months and he's willing then he can come on board and be part of the revolution. Doubt he'd be anywhere near a starter but we've got cup games as well and his enthusiasm for the game was second to none. Plus he'd definitely play a part in the Derby (if we need him). Whatever Roberto thinks is right for the team is what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.