Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ this Lukaku is a world beater. But the Lukaku who is asked to link up play and lead the line is definitely not, and the problem is that the top teams - and Everton - use that type of player.....

...has just unimpressed on the international stage, with no experience of impacting upon European football and who has only played football outside the elite level.

THIS.

If he ends up here he'll need to jack that grazing buffalo impression he's been developing.

My point was in response to your comment 'In 7 years we've seen a huge increase in transfer fees' and 7/8 years ago we paid £12m for Yakubu. Sturridge (£12m) has been played on the wing for a lot of his career but when played CF has a very good scoring record. 8 in 12 at Bolton for example and a ridiculous record of 31 in 43 for Liverpool. Anyway, my point was very obvious. Sigh. To further illustrate, in 2009 Real Madrid paid £80m for Ronaldo. 2013 they paid £85.3m for Bale. Have things changed that much? In 2002 Man Utd paid £30m for Ferdinand. Are you saying right now a club would pay £60m for Stones? I think that the real difference is around Europe there are now many, many more rich, super-rich, or mega-rich clubs capable of paying big fees.

Each and every transfer is unique, comparing what one club sells and another buys for is pretty pointless on a one for one basis. There's to many factors that go into how a valuation of a player is found. But like I said in general transfer fees have risen considerable and inevitably since we payed £12m for Yakubu 7 years ago. Simply saying Sturridge cost £12m is meaningless when we're not buying Sturridge from Chelsea were hopefully buying Lukaku.

How so Brenz?

Don't think he'd be the same player if he hadn't been given the role of leading the line in Belgium at such a young age, contributed massively to making him such a good young player. If he'd been sat in the reserves at Chelsea or out on loan in the Championship or at Vitesse he'd be a couple of years behind.

My point was in response to your comment 'In 7 years we've seen a huge increase in transfer fees' and 7/8 years ago we paid £12m for Yakubu. Sturridge (£12m) has been played on the wing for a lot of his career but when played CF has a very good scoring record. 8 in 12 at Bolton for example and a ridiculous record of 31 in 43 for Liverpool. Anyway, my point was very obvious. Sigh. To further illustrate, in 2009 Real Madrid paid £80m for Ronaldo. 2013 they paid £85.3m for Bale. Have things changed that much? In 2002 Man Utd paid £30m for Ferdinand. Are you saying right now a club would pay £60m for Stones? I think that the real difference is around Europe there are now many, many more rich, super-rich, or mega-rich clubs capable of paying big fees.

In 1992/93 the average transfer in the Premier League was just shy of £600k. In 2013/14 it was £5.6m, which was a 33% increase alone on 2012/13.

Things have changed massively.

I think Tim Howard may differ on that point. If you try to make transfer fees make sense, your head will likely explode. Hope we get him back, that's all.

I want him back - just do not want Chelsea to start quoting more than £25M

In 1992/93 the average transfer in the Premier League was just shy of £600k. In 2013/14 it was £5.6m, which was a 33% increase alone on 2012/13.

Things have changed massively.

Yes they have. TV deals. But doesn't diminish my points. Man Utd paid £30m for Ferdinand in 2002 and only broke their transfer record recently £37m on Mata. Anyway this is about whether we can afford £25m on Lukaku! I voted £18-20m. Rises in recent TV deals have gone from £2.5b to £3.3b and now £5.2b so of course total transfer spend and average transfer fees would go up.

compared to other top strikers, this kid isn't worth £24m on ability, just his youth that's all, I would only pay it as we're guaranteed hopefully 15 goals a season from a striker for many seasons, perhaps breaking 20 goals would be nice but cant see it tbh, kinda agree with tubey here in the sense that there is a chance that we could pay less than £20m and get someone that scores even more, i.e sturridge, but can't see much other strikers right now that are obvious choices, otherwise it's a risk like michu but they can be one season wonders, so best just get this kid and hope he can improve more and become world class

I could see him breaking 20 goals. We only got him on transfer deadline day so he missed a few games, his injury in January. 29 appearances and 15 goals, not bad going really.

Well if you were to put weighting to each aspect of his abilities or stats I would say banging in goals in the Premier League and being a youngun with years to grow and learn would carry more weight than his touch/linkplay as it is right now. Whatever the hell Everton want to pay for him, if we get him, I am happy with.

For me lukaku would be worth every penny of 24 mill. Age on his side. He will get even better. Already a lot of prem experience and goals to his name. We would certainly not be paying over the odds like 2 teams have already done giving soton 56 mill for 2 half decent players. And if we did sign him for 24 mill who is to say we will pay the lot up front.

I could see him breaking 20 goals. We only got him on transfer deadline day so he missed a few games, his injury in January. 29 appearances and 15 goals, not bad going really.

The chances we created in the first 3 games he would of slotted a fair few of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back