Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a yellow line going across the sky sports news screen reading 'Chelsea accept a 24 million pound offer from Everton'. Just because I know Moyes be watching and crying;
'but....but Bill told me
..'

Have any eagle eyed posters picked up on the fact the OP left the 'm' off the '£24' on the thread title yet?

Oh yeah. Loads of them have.

Hes got barkley to thread the balls to him which is his main threat. Both will only improve.

Holding the ball up and being more of an all rounder is what SAF did with andy cole when he bought the recors goalscorer off newcastle - lukaku has more to his game than cole already.

Exactly this.

If £24m is really the price, just pay it so we can get on with improving the rest of the squad. Don't see how else we can add/replace 15 odd goals for cheaper. Stones/McCarthy/Barkley/Lukaku is a brilliant spine to build a squad around and could be together for 5-10 years.

Any other season i would say pay the £24m; but unless Martinez can pull off some miracles with loans again that probably wont leave much of a kitty for other positions that need strengthening, especially with European football

If £24m is really the price, just pay it so we can get on with improving the rest of the squad. Don't see how else we can add/replace 15 odd goals for cheaper. Stones/McCarthy/Barkley/Lukaku is a brilliant spine to build a squad around and could be together for 5-10 years.
And Coleman.

His post match comments, IMO, suggests someone who is looking for a club other than Everton & Chelsea...Wonder how much there is to the rumours linking him to Simeone & Los Rojiblancos

Any other season i would say pay the £24m; but unless Martinez can pull off some miracles with loans again that probably wont leave much of a kitty for other positions that need strengthening, especially with European football

A striker is the player we need most we won't score goals without one. So Martinez has to spend most or all of his kitty on a striker

His post match comments, IMO, suggests someone who is looking for a club other than Everton & Chelsea...Wonder how much there is to the rumours linking him to Simeone & Los Rojiblancos

Why does it sound like he's looking for a club other than Everton? The British press omitted this part of the interview that was given in Belgium btw.

“I have the opportunity to stay at Everton, it is a possibility and it is something we will have to talk about. But first I want to go back to Belgium, see my family and get some rest.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back