Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
24million...pah, take that money and stick it into the flat project at FF.

Kone and Naismith should see us to mid-table.

Kone has a great story on the Everton Web site - He will be a new player for me so lets keep our money and put it all to work in our planned infrastructre projects.

Mourinho doesn't get it wrong about many players, struggling to think of one, maybe bringing Eto to Chelsea. If Lukaku was that good he would have been in Chelsea's starting line up. Lukaku has a very high opinion of his ability, he should look at some of the games he has played in when his ability to do the basics, like trapping a ball, was found wanting.

There's a long list of players he's cast aside, including young players he deemed unfit/unworthy...Mou is not a coach who builds for longterm so youth players are rarely his priority...Wasn't that long ago that Hazard made noise he wanted out as well

If your measuring stick is Mou for youth development, how about some young players he's developed then eh?

I think he could become one of those players that the media talks a good game for him, but never fully makes the top grade. Lukaku hasn't got the stamina to be a regular starter week in, week out. I think he needs a reality check. After a world cup when he was a bit part player, he needs to rethink a bit about what he is capable of and what he has to offer.

We are a perfect fit for him, with a manger and supporters that want him, and are prepared to be patient with him, on the whole. If he decides to go elsewhere then good luck to the lad and I hope it works out. But ...we'll see.

Far cry from how he'd be a nut for considering another club or that he should be thanking his good fortune that Martinez wants him to stay...This is professional football, young & ambitious talents are coveted by many big clubs so it's only normal that he's weighing his options

There's a long list of players he's cast aside, including young players he deemed unfit/unworthy...Mou is not a coach who builds for longterm so youth players are rarely his priority...Wasn't that long ago that Hazard made noise he wanted out as well

If your measuring stick is Mou for youth development, how about some young players he's developed then eh?

Far cry from how he'd be a nut for considering another club or that he should be thanking his good fortune that Martinez wants him to stay...This is professional football, young & ambitious talents are coveted by many big clubs so it's only normal that he's weighing his options

Lukaku doesn't see himself as a young player without experience.

“I’m 21 but I think I’m experienced enough now. I’ve played a lot of games and scored a lot of goals and now I want to win titles and become one of the best".

You are right that Mourinho doesn't develop young players that come straight into the first team. However, he does have an understanding of young players trying to make their mark in the game. For instance, he didn't fancy Kevin De Bruyne so sold him and bought Schurle, who is better? Mourinho brought Matic back to Chelsea, who does looks the part, in my opinion.

Mourinho has criticised Hazard, but from the evidence of the world cup, maybe he had a point. Sometimes players don't like it when a manager points out something about their play that needs improving and get the hump. Some take notice and work on aspects of their game that need improving.

Lukaku, like many young players, are bigged up by the football media, on the basis of a few good games or half a season, too many to mention. It isn't that Lukaku would be 'nuts' not to sign for us but he would be an idiot not too.

They must be leaving it really late to show there interest in him

We think that £24M is too much for him...then scoff at reports that MaN City want Barkley for £25M!

We cant have it both ways unfortunately, cant expect £40M for Barkley and that Rom is only worth 15-18M its madness.

Without doubt hes worth £24M in todays market, the lad is a gonna be a guaranteed 20 goal a season forward, he will probably become a 25 goal a season forward.

If he doesnt become that, hes worth way more than £24M to us and if one of the super clubs buy him then it could be £50M+

I actually think his first touch is shocking - as do many...but FFS hes 20/21 and got 10 years minimum ahead of him by all accounts.

Lukaku doesn't see himself as a young player without experience.

“I’m 21 but I think I’m experienced enough now. I’ve played a lot of games and scored a lot of goals and now I want to win titles and become one of the best".

You are right that Mourinho doesn't develop young players that come straight into the first team. However, he does have an understanding of young players trying to make their mark in the game. For instance, he didn't fancy Kevin De Bruyne so sold him and bought Schurle, who is better? Mourinho brought Matic back to Chelsea, who does looks the part, in my opinion

The point you made, that I was refuting, is that Mou is no measuring stick of developing youth players...Pretty much everywhere he has been, he has preferred veterans to young players and he has yet to develop any young players as a coach...So that means Mou is in no way an expert on talent nevermind young talent

I watched almost every minute of Everton's season last year and I had only heard of Lukaku and seen him briefly in the UEFA Super Cup before going on loan again...There's good reason why clubs are pursuing him, he's a great talent who may or may not fulfill that promise...But downplaying his contributions sounds a lot like damage control should he depart, a loss that would be heavy for Everton, IMO

They must be leaving it really late to show there interest in him

I think it's only natural that we're only now starting to see some acceleration on the transfer front considering there's a major international tournament in progress...and Lukaku only recently stopped playing

There's going to be a wave of activity over the next few weeks, which is pretty normal around WC time

In today's market value, he's definitely worth a £24 million price tag. Especially when you consider that Lallana and Shaw have both transferred for more than that already this summer. He's proven in the Premier League, he's scored a lot of goals for two different clubs here in the last 2 seasons so theres no gamble on him not settling and struggling with the new league etc. he's an international, and he's still pretty young. £24 million for a player with his ability and experience is a bargain these days. Barkley for example is younger and has only really played one full season in the top flight, yet because he was English, we would probably ask for more money for him than we would expect to spend on Lukaku.

If Im not wrong too, Lukaku will be classed as a 'home grown' player. Premier League website says this applies to foreign youngsters if they have spent 3 full seasons registered with a member club in this country including the season in which they turn 21. Lukaku was 21 in May, and signed for Chelsea in August 2011.

@FCBarça agree with alot of your recent comments in this thread.

One thing you mentioned indirectly about him wanting to win titles. It seems that you think he may be alluding to another club as we havent won anything for years.

However during the season he was quoted as saying as a ckub we are going places and he thinka we will win titles soon.

As ive said before, he doesnt fit atletico one bit and if he wants a game as he says he will join us.

The point you made, that I was refuting, is that Mou is no measuring stick of developing youth players...Pretty much everywhere he has been, he has preferred veterans to young players and he has yet to develop any young players as a coach...So that means Mou is in no way an expert on talent nevermind young talent

I watched almost every minute of Everton's season last year and I had only heard of Lukaku and seen him briefly in the UEFA Super Cup before going on loan again...There's good reason why clubs are pursuing him, he's a great talent who may or may not fulfill that promise...But downplaying his contributions sounds a lot like damage control should he depart, a loss that would be heavy for Everton, IMO

Lukaku doesn't see himself as a 'developing young player' but one that is 'experienced enough now'. Mourinho has the luxury of being able to spend everywhere he has gone, so no need to build. He can bring players in that go straight into the team like Drogba, not a bad buy in my opinion and worked wonders for Chelsea.

In 2012-13 Lukaku banged in 17 in 35 appearances for West Brom. And in the close season there were loads of European clubs baying for his services?????. Last season he banged in 15 goals in 31 appearances for us and would have got more but for injuries. This season there are European clubs in for him. Odd really, he can score more at WBA and not wanted by European clubs but they are interested now after his loan at Everton.

I make it plain I would love him at Goodison, and not just because we have a boss song for him, which is easy to sing when you've had a few, but he would add goals. As an Evertonian, 'downplaying his contributions sounds like damage control should he depart' amuses me no end.

I'll make it plain as well. If he doesn't sign for us, we would be a lesser team and then back to hoping we get someone in who can get goals. We are a perfect fit for Lukaku and he would be a shilling short of a pound' or a cent short of a Euro, not to sign for us.

Another way to look at it is if we, Everton, who are Everton, Everton, don't sign Lukaku. Where will he go? Chelsea? Juventus? PSG? Dortmund? They're way out of our league, if he's willing to come here, to Everton, who are Everton, Everton - then we should pay whatever.

Lukaku doesn't see himself as a 'developing young player' but one that is 'experienced enough now'. Mourinho has the luxury of being able to spend everywhere he has gone, so no need to build. He can bring players in that go straight into the team like Drogba, not a bad buy in my opinion and worked wonders for Chelsea.

He's biologically young though, isn't he?...Hence he's still developing as well...More so when you consider that a striker's prime is arguably well into their late 20s...You're spinning your wheels here

I'll make it plain as well. If he doesn't sign for us, we would be a lesser team and then back to hoping we get someone in who can get goals. We are a perfect fit for Lukaku and he would be a shilling short of a pound' or a cent short of a Euro, not to sign for us.

And I'd echo an earlier post that Everton need Lukaku more than the other way around, IMO...He'd do well to remain for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is Roberto Martinez, but ambitious talents normally are drawn to the biggest clubs...He may not have had a spectacular WC but it'd be hard to argue against his stock being higher at this moment than it was last summer...And even then he was the subject of persistent speculation by clubs

Depends on the player, the most obviously and nothing specific per se but I get the sense he's looking elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back