Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's biologically young though, isn't he?...Hence he's still developing as well...More so when you consider that a striker's prime is arguably well into their late 20s...You're spinning your wheels here

Jeffers and indeed Rooney are so much better players in their late 20's...

Every player is different. Heskey was a beast at 20 but never fulfilled his early Leicester promise imo.

I think the key to this potential transfer is his relationship with Martinez and if he feels the club and manager can help him develop as a player whilst still being ambitious.

@FCBarça agree with alot of your recent comments in this thread.

One thing you mentioned indirectly about him wanting to win titles. It seems that you think he may be alluding to another club as we havent won anything for years.

However during the season he was quoted as saying as a ckub we are going places and he thinka we will win titles soon.

As ive said before, he doesnt fit atletico one bit and if he wants a game as he says he will join us.

Cheers

Yeah, I just meant in terms of higher profile titles and exposure which comes with the biggest clubs...I'm just guessing, mind you, because I've only followed the player very casually this past year...but there's an ego with the player (Normal for any striker, IMO) and I get the impression he wants a bigger stage...I also get the impression that the being marginalized by Chelsea is a source of angst that also fuels his ambition to succeed at a big club...A heavyweight that competes routinely in CL etc.

And I wouldn't agree that he couldn't fit in Simeone's system...The truth is, I'm not sure there are many coaches I'd want to develop Lukaku further than the Argentine...He's raw but he has so much potential to be absolutely dominant at the position for years to come

He's biologically young though, isn't he?...Hence he's still developing as well...More so when you consider that a striker's prime is arguably well into their late 20s...You're spinning your wheels here

And I'd echo an earlier post that Everton need Lukaku more than the other way around, IMO...He'd do well to remain for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is Roberto Martinez, but ambitious talents normally are drawn to the biggest clubs...He may not have had a spectacular WC but it'd be hard to argue against his stock being higher at this moment than it was last summer...And even then he was the subject of persistent speculation by clubs

Depends on the player, the most obviously and nothing specific per se but I get the sense he's looking elsewhere

And the reason his 'stock is higher at this moment than it was last summer', is in my opinion because of Everton and Martinez. There was 'speculation' last summer but not the same as this. There is 'ambition' and there is foolhardiness that is all to reminiscent of so many young players that have hit the 'big' time, only to be brought down to earth with a bang when they are bench warmers.

We are a perfect fit for him and if he doesn't realise that then so be it, more fool him. We move on, as we always have done as Evertonians, disappointed maybe. But I have every confidence that Martinez will improve us this season, with whoever we get in, it would be a pity if Lukaku is not part of it.

It was interesting reading the comments from Lukaku, often when foreign players refer to "titles" they mean trophies (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League, Champions League), where as we usually think of the premier league as "The Title"

Now whilst some people may have read his comments and thought "Well, he wont be coming to us, he wants to win the league" (and we are some way off that), I think we have a good chance of doing well in; the FA cup, league cup and Europa League, which is possible what Lukaku is talking about.

I would pay the £24m for him, if that's what it will take, but only if we can get him in before preseason is over. He will need a good preseason and be available for us from the first league game, I dont want to go into the start of the season with Kone as our only first team striker

To be fair, the season he's had and its just after the World Cup...his agent will be spinning all kinds to him. I get the feeling he does want to sign for us...but while his stock is high, just wants to see if its true that there are much bigger clubs than us interested. I dont think he's good enough yet that the likes of Real, Barcelona etc. would want him, but top sides playing the in the Champions League still maybe might. I honestly cant see him signing for any club ahead of us, unless its a no brainer, for example, someone like Juventus.

I think that if we don't at least try to sign him, we'll have to pull something very special out of the bag to replace him.

As a result, I'd pay up for the lad.

I say we blow our whole budget and throw Osman into the deal, £24m for Lukaku and we give them an additional £16m to take Osman off us.

Obviously we let Osman play his testimonial first, then we take the funds raised by that off him to go towards his 'big move'.

He can cherry pick teams between most of them, tbh.
Any CL chasing team would love to have him in there, Atletico being the obvious one but any other bigger club would love to buy him - thing about Lukaku is he is a super-solid investment. You're banking on whether he comes good, like - does anybody here think he will not come good? Course not. It's just a question of how good he can get.

Name one team bigger than Atletico who want him, your talking pure nonesense now mate, he's trying his best to sell himself, he'll fall back on us when no one comes in for him and Atletico can't agree a loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back