Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Rom's a really good player, with a great finish.

He reminds me a bit of Rodwell in terms of attitude. Whenever I used to watch Rodwell play I felt that he didn't play with enough drive, passion, which would often let him down and mean he'd lose some balls he should have won, not be assertive enough in situations where he needed to be and it'd make him less effective as a player.

If Rom played with a bit more aggression and urgency he'd become a beast of a player. I think we've seen it in flashes, more so in the first half of the season but he needs to play with more drive. He's too laid back, loses 50\50 balls he should win, and doesn't run head on at defenders enough, using his immense power and speed to make them panic.

Lukaku plays like Drogba without the aggression, a worst first touch and less assertiveness. He's got the ability though, he just needs to change his mindset and he'll become top drawer. If anyone can get him to do that I think it'll be Martinez.

Even if he never improves other parts of his game he's worth the 24m because his finishing is top drawer and that'll always guarantee him a certain amount of goals. If he does improve other parts of his game we'll have a hell of a player on our hands. To me it's a no brainer, if we can afford him we should buy him.

The options doors are closing for Lukaku now that Atletico Madrid have signed Mandzukic from Bayern and Juventus said to about to sign Morata from Real Madrid.

Liverpool or Spurs?
Liverpool are heavily linked with Bony and Origi, should sign at least one of them.

Arsenal and Tottenham could both do with a striker, I'm not sure Arsenal will spend over 20m on a striker now after signing Sanchez, they'll go and spend money on a CDM now.

I know the longer you wait for a player the more chance you have of other clubs coming in but in this case it's almost been the longer this has taken the less clubs are likely to sign him because they're all going and signing other strikers. I'm not saying we haven't sign him or had a bid accepted because we were hoping other teams to go and sign other strikers but it could really help us. If he wants to go to a team that will play him every week, there really isn't many better than us that could offer him that.

People just make stuff up don't they. Saw an everton fan page saying Rom is set to be unveiled in the next 24 hours.

Isn't he on holiday? Haha.

Christ just wish he'd make his mind up, can't cope with this.

ROME ROMELU ROME ROMELU

People just make stuff up don't they. Saw an everton fan page saying Rom is set to be unveiled in the next 24 hours.

Isn't he on holiday? Haha.

Christ just wish he'd make his mind up, can't cope with this.

ROME ROMELU ROME ROMELU

It'll happen, I'm sure of it :)

Just give it a bit of time.

Eye, off on his jollies now. Won't be any decisions made by Rom for at least a couple of weeks.

However we could still be agreeing potential deals with Chelsea, then once back of holls it's just thenup to Rom.

Unfortunately can't see any deal being done until deadline day. Especially with us up against Chelsea early doors! Gonna have to start the season with Kone.

which clubs who finished higher than us could he be first choice for?

Atletico Madrid - signed Mandzukic
Barca - no
Real -no
Bayern - signed lewandowski
Dortmund - dont spend big
Paris - no
Monaco - no

Theres no one else I can think of?!?!

He seems to have emphasized two important factors - club stature/CL and being the first choice striker.

There is no chance he will get both. Everton seems to be the closest he will get to both, but it will depend which of the two factors he values more.

which clubs who finished higher than us could he be first choice for?

Atletico Madrid - signed Mandzukic
Barca - no
Real -no
Bayern - signed lewandowski
Dortmund - dont spend big
Paris - no
Monaco - no

Theres no one else I can think of?!?!

Roma maybe?

After that you would think there would be a bunch of teams around our level.

Roma isnt a bad shout, havent watched italian football for ages so no idea who they have upfront. also they dont pay big wages do they?

Juventus-no chance
Milan -wouldnt pay the fee
Inter -wouldnt pay the fee

Roma maybe?

After that you would think there would be a bunch of teams around our level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back