Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I want to sign Lukaku my immediate concern is for the old guy that sits in front of me in the Upper Gladys. He'll have a heart attack come Christmas at Rom's lack of first touch and ability for the "f***ing big lump" to get his head on a ball

Take a big bag to the first home game.;)

Pretty clear id say that uncle bill has spoken to his mates at chelsea and weve agreed a price in principle and are waiting on lukaku to decide then all systems go.

Bill has mates at Chelsea now really you are taking the michael, that statement made me laugh. I know it is not serious but still funny.

He's finished a gruelling World Cup after a strenuous league campaign. He now needs the same time as Gareth to revitalise and rest to prepare for next season. He will decide his future after his holiday
Bill Kenwright ahahaha good one.

Be amazed if at this stage we haven't agreed a fee in principle. Would be proper Everton to go 'Oh good those weeks of waiting have paid off, Romelu wants to come. Now then Chelsea we think £5m is fair....dead phone line'.

An interesting aspect of all this is that we're evidently holding off on transfers until Lukaku makes a decision, which means whatever Chelsea have quoted is a sum we're prepared to pay. Makes a change.

An interesting aspect of all this is that we're evidently holding off on transfers until Lukaku makes a decision, which means whatever Chelsea have quoted is a sum we're prepared to pay. Makes a change.

I think you're making a few grand assumptions there mate! There is absolutely no proof out there we've agreed any fee proposal whatsoever.

All we know for certain is that the stroppy beast has had a pretty poor world cup, spouted a few words of tripe and buggered off to the Belgian equivalent of Butlins for a bit of a blow out. Anything else is pure conjecture.

Relative to 12 months ago his position at Chelsea has worsened with Costa signing.

It's all up in the air.

All we know for sure is that everyone wants him to bring back the dreads.

Voted 25mil+

I really don't see the downside to signing him. The worst case is we sell him for what we bought him for in 2/3 years time. His goal scoring record speaks for itself, and above all else - name a viable alternative, who is available and interested in coming to us, where your investment is pretty much guaranteed a return (age). The potential upside is also huge - in that he improves his return of 1 in 2 and adds consistency to his all round game, becoming a world class £40/50 million striker.

Proven Goalscorers are in a different market to everyone else, and while we don't have one we won't progress.

I think you're making a few grand assumptions there mate! There is absolutely no proof out there we've agreed any fee proposal whatsoever.

All we know for certain is that the stroppy beast has had a pretty poor world cup, spouted a few words of tripe and buggered off to the Belgian equivalent of Butlins for a bit of a blow out. Anything else is pure conjecture.

Relative to 12 months ago his position at Chelsea has worsened with Costa signing.

It's all up in the air.

All we know for sure is that everyone wants him to bring back the dreads.

Don't think it's all that grand. Martinez apparently spoke to Chelsea about a potential transfer, and it's improbable that he wouldn't have been given a valuation. And it's still evident Lukaku is a priority.

We'll see. I'm very confident we'll break our club transfer record on him this summer.

.....I've got to ask what you've got right in the past, why I should trust you and what flavour crisps are your favourite before I believe you I'm afraid.

I wiped my arse properly this morning
You should trust me as far as you can throw me
Salt and Vinegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back