Wyness out

Status
Not open for further replies.
what did we want from a chief exec?

for too long we had been mismanaged, retail we lost money where others were making millions. we might not like his methods but he has cut the fat on the everton business, and every penny saved is a penny towards getting out of debt and then to allowing the manager options for signings.

in a world of super fit, super sleak business, im not sorry we have someone that put the everton business through a series of steps to streamline and refine the practices we were once so very very amateur at.

better the devil you know.

One of my favourate quotes in football is from Wyness while he was CEO of Aberdeen. Commenting on Celtic and Rangers attempts to break away from the SPL and join the prem or a pan european leauge he said:

"The old firm are like two old whores on a street corner, raising the skirts to any old leauge that passes their way"

Great stuff!:D

suitsblue, i'd agree wyness seems to have been quite ruthless & necessarily so, but i don't get the impression that this has brought about the desired improvements, as yet. i also feel his handling of the kirkby project has been woeful.

what way was there to move the ground?

no matter what decision or vote came about, someone or someones were always going to be upset.

what way was there to move the ground?

no matter what decision or vote came about, someone or someones were always going to be upset.
that wasn't quite the point i was making. wyness has failed to sell "the deal of the century", tbh, i've found the contributions from leahy more credible.

Last summer really proved to me that the people we having running the club form a football sense (Moyes), buissness sense (Wyness), and board level (kenwright) were all working in perfect unison. This is the first time in twenty years i can remember this happening and credit is due.

Although i beleive there are many varibles that influenced the ability of our manager to go and spend over twenty million on players (a figure none of us thought possible) i think the "striping of the fat" at the club and many of Wyness's acheivements assisted in making this possible!

Last summer he, Bill an Moyes played a blinder in their tranfer strategy and for the first time i felt their was a cohsiveness and commitment to progress the club from Pitch, Company to board!

That has to be applauded and Wyness must be given due credit. If nothing else his presence has assisted all aspects of the club to run as a well oiled machine!

On the ground issue, it was impossible for Wyness to keep all fans happy, but from a bussness perspective wheather your in favour of the move or not, its a great deal. Lets face it thats what the man is paid for.

Last edited:

credibility is in the eye of the beholder.

as goodison stands, she has too many [Poor language removed] specs at too great a price.

the toilets are beneath dickensian.

the access points for food and drink are so inadequate its untrue, and has been for 30 years. the club could sell more beer and pies and whatever other [Poor language removed] on matchdays if it had the facilities.

i will never forget standing in a 100 strong queue at a solitary kiosk.

SHAMBLES. DISGRACE. INSULT. the best? [Poor language removed] hardly.

neiler, how is kirkby a great deal from a business perpective?

tits to just him

55k at reduced prices so more kids can go.

55k requiring food, drink and parking.

55k unobstructed views so all can see the [Poor language removed] game and enjoy the [Poor language removed]. its a spectacle remember.

increased media and sponsorship deals.

goodison is a great old ground, but she is past her best by possibly the longest in british football.

five foot eight toilets, no [Poor language removed] way.

neiler, how is kirkby a great deal from a business perpective?

Id rather speak about the improved facilites for fans but from a buissness perspective:

From a building perspective it will cost us less in terms of investment then build a stadium outright than on our own, look at the proposals of investment we will require and compare them to the cost of the Emirites or the [Poor language removed] bowel!

Secondly increased revenue streams from stadium naming rights, greater capacity, probably id imagine ticket price increases (as per facility improvement), greater scope for advertising/corprate sponsership and corprate suites will all add to a greater profit for the company.

Not to mention a new stadium would add to the value of the company in an investment (i.e. on paper the stadium as an assest will mean the company is worth more) sense and as such will improve the clubs ability to secure not only greater loans, but also in its atractiveness for a takeover or new investors.

Last edited:
i don't think anybody would be likely to suggest that we should stay at goodison park as it is. whatever the club do it has to be planned to support moyes & his squad, after all the purpose of a football club should be to put a successful football team out on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back