Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think this is the kind of signing we could all get behind. Ok, he could in theory turn out to be a flop, there are no guarantees, but he definitely seems to have the tools to be an exciting player. When was the last time we had a player that got people off their seats regularly? All the players we seem to have in recent years are grafters who can “do a job”. We need an “X factor” player, this boy would do nicely.

About £25m should be the limit here. Need to recoup from sales. Unless DCL goes to them, there is too many moving parts for this to happen by June 30th. Despite the mutual concerns, I dont see Newcastle being as co-operative as Villa in making deals happen.

Bobble's mate has reposted the DiMarzio story so, even if the source isn't the best, there is probably something to it.
View attachment 262274

Saw a post on x yesterday saying that lyon are essentially broke and are having a meeting with the french fa to explain their money issues.

Last September they needed to raise €300m and john texter said hes "willing too sell any asset" to improve the clubs financial situation.

I dont see how a club has gone from that to smashing their club record transfer fee by 60% for a completely unproven kid.

Or the new Lookman. Bags of dangerous potential, we sign him and he crumbles, stinks the gaff out with a face like a smacked arse, then turns out to be great after all with CL clubs chasing him after we have gotten rid.

It wouldn’t be surprising. Different managers suit different types of players. We’re seeing with England that supremely talented players will struggle if a manager sets up to play a certain way.
If this happens then let’s hope Dyche can use him effectively.

Or the new Lookman. Bags of dangerous potential, we sign him and he crumbles, stinks the gaff out with a face like a smacked arse, then turns out to be great after all with CL clubs chasing him after we have gotten rid.
Lookman never really got the chance to stink the gaff out, tbf. If we signed the new Lookman, but gave him minutes and actually encouraged him, I’d be cock-a-hoop.

About £25m should be the limit here. Need to recoup from sales. Unless DCL goes to them, there is too many moving parts for this to happen by June 30th. Despite the mutual concerns, I dont see Newcastle being as co-operative as Villa in making deals happen.
Even 25 million seems like madness for me.

I am all for buying young talent that can be improved and with potential to having a high resell value. I just don't think Everton have the right manager for the.

Dyche is an experienced manager, but has he ever added much value to young offensive talent. Teams are set up to make defenders and goalkeepers to look good. Midfielders mostly look awful because his teams don't even bother to try to control matches. Strikers get isolated and wide players end up position wise like full backs for other teams.

The first thing Dyche did when arriving as Everton manager was to take the best midfielder (Iwobi) and ask him to sit just in front of the right backs options because they needed all the help in the world. Even Patterson looked half decent when Iwobi did most of the defending. Last season it did not matter who played as right back, when Harrison played all of them looked crap. The quick fix to the right back problem was to play Garner in front of whoever was playing.

The wide players in a Dyche team aren't wingers. They never have been. They will spend most of the time in their own half. What they do defensively will almost be most important. And if they don't provide a lot of help to the full backs, they won't play. There were good reasons for why Dyche never wanted to play Gray wide.

To think that a teenage winger will walk into Everton's starting eleven seems very unlikely.

I would not be surprised at all if James Garner end up with most starts in the right midfield next season. The team looked better with him there than when Harrison was playing. The question is whether Garner is needed centrally or not. With Doucoure and possibily Ndidi as extra midfield options, Dyche might have his right midfielder in Garner.

This post might look like very anti-Dyche. I respect the job he has done. He has done well and will probably continue to do so. But he has never been good at improving and adding value to offensive players. Especially not young ones.

I am worried that a 25 million Minteh will become a 10 million player within 12 months. No one should be surprised when/if Dyche plays Ashley Young instead of the young prospect that was brought in for a lot of money. That is what Dyche has done his entire career as a manager.

This post might look like very anti-Dyche. I respect the job he has done. He has done well and will probably continue to do so. But he has never been good at improving and adding value to offensive players. Especially not young ones.
I would counter this with he’s barely had any good young attacking players to improve.

Who did he have at Burnley? McNeil who he turned into a player we paid big money for for Burnley.

Who has he had here? Dobbin he kept around the squad, got him on enough to score his first goal but injuries kept him out quite a bit
Chermiti? This lad looks a million miles away from the player who joined. By the end of the season he looked strong and confident and played with a bit of flair whereas when he joined he looked weak and timid.
Who else was he going to improve as a young attacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back