Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, we dont live in the world they live in. If you get offered 50k a year compared to the 40k job you are in, you would consider how this may enable you to pay for a new car or holiday, or maybe pay your mortgage off sooner.
These guys will never have to work again. Im not saying he should stay with us, but to persist in his wage demands to lose out for a team that could well get him playing european footie and an increased chance of playing for England.
For me, these guys are deluded
We dont live in that world, so we have no idea, I agree.

But THEY do live in that world and they know the going rate, their Agent knows who is on what, you might think hes over valuing his talent and he might be, but hes talking to a business worth 450billion, not some corner shop.

Mate, we dont live in the world they live in. If you get offered 50k a year compared to the 40k job you are in, you would consider how this may enable you to pay for a new car or holiday, or maybe pay your mortgage off sooner.
These guys will never have to work again. Im not saying he should stay with us, but to persist in his wage demands to lose out for a team that could well get him playing european footie and an increased chance of playing for England.
For me, these guys are deluded
You want him to take less money? Why? For your enjoyment?

It’s not an assumption. Benji said that it’s the fee for dcl and his wage demands.
If you mean the speculation as to why he wants so much money, fair enough.
:lol: There’s the assumption that the wages he was asking for were unrealistic when he will have a fair idea of what is reasonable or achievable.
People are actually calling him greedy when no one has a clue tbh,

You want him to take less money? Why? For your enjoyment?
What do you mean by take less money? Have newcastle offered him less wages than us? Ive not read that. I suppose thats feasible.
But just as likely is that hes after wages that newcastle feel are very over the top than they are willing to pay.
Guess it may come out at some stage as to what his demands are.

What do you mean by take less money? Have newcastle offered him less wages than us? Ive not read that. I suppose thats feasible.
But just as likely is that hes after wages that newcastle feel are very over the top than they are willing to pay.
He'll get a £10 million signing on fee next year, that's £60k a week on a 3 year contract, therefore he's probably asking for £60k a week more than we're paying him.

:lol: There’s the assumption that the wages he was asking for were unrealistic when he will have a fair idea of what is reasonable or achievable.
People are actually calling him greedy when no one has a clue tbh,
Like I said , if u mean the assumptions, fair enough.
It is a fact that DCL has a large share that the deal has not yet been completed, because you can’t tell me that Everton wouldn’t lower their asking price if they knew Dcl has already agreed personal terms with them and the fee is now the only problem.

He'll get a £10 million signing on fee next year, that's £60k a week on a 3 year contract, therefore he's probably asking for £60k a week more than we're paying him.
Yeah and thats fair enough. Just dont expect me to have any love for yet another completely mercenary, shallow footballer who thinks they are more than they are.

He just knows his value, although given his injury record he's taking a risk.
He thinks he knows his value. Looking like others dont agree.
Hey, its up to him. Maybe he'll come good, whop in 15 goals and get himself a nice contract on a free next summer.
Or maybe he'll get injured or have another season of half a dozen goals and teams wont offer him a lucrative contract.

Personally, id enjoy him signing a new contract and spending the onana money on midfielders who provide him the ammunition to get him back amongst the goals.

He thinks he knows his value. Looking like others dont agree.
Hey, its up to him. Maybe he'll come good, whop in 15 goals and get himself a nice contract on a free next summer.
Or maybe he'll get injured or have another season of half a dozen goals and teams wont offer him a lucrative contract.

Personally, id enjoy him signing a new contract and spending the onana money on midfielders who provide him the ammunition to get him back amongst the goals.
Thing is his salary value today to Everton’s benefit is very much different to his salary value in 12m to his families benefit.
Ie his chances of getting £150k+ when a club also has to fork out £30m+ in a transfer are considerably lower than in 12m when he’s free.
And in terms of what does £10k-20k a week here or there mean to these athletes, I imagine they are considering generation wealth. You looking at turning your nose up at £4m or so and for what?

He wants a certain amount and he believes that’s his worth. Why should he accept less in the June before what’s likely the biggest contract of his career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back