Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
ye they’re all greedy mate i mean we would be if we had no attachment to the club

not many are loyal

JB i say is maybe giving us another season?
Greedy or want market rate?

Sounds greedy when you read about them ‘demanding’ £X per week, but bottom line is they get paid what clubs are prepared to offer which is what the going rate is.
I know I wouldn’t do a job for less than I know the going rate is.

I somehow get negative feelings for dcl.
He has done a lot for us and if he wants to leave, that's fine, but then to disrupt the negotiations with Newcastle, idk. Where does he want to go? City?

You are insane if you dont think you would go looking for that bag mate.

Your talent makes the business you work for 200million a year, your telling me you wouldnt want that slice?
Mate, we dont live in the world they live in. If you get offered 50k a year compared to the 40k job you are in, you would consider how this may enable you to pay for a new car or holiday, or maybe pay your mortgage off sooner.
These guys will never have to work again. Im not saying he should stay with us, but to persist in his wage demands to lose out for a team that could well get him playing european footie and an increased chance of playing for England.
For me, these guys are deluded

I somehow get negative feelings for dcl.
He has done a lot for us and if he wants to leave, that's fine, but then to disrupt the negotiations with Newcastle, idk. Where does he want to go? City?
Maybe he’s looking to go for free end of next season?
If he’s had an indication of what he can earn from somewhere as a free agent in 12 months, he has a decision to make on whether to sign for less now or hold out for what he believes he can get.
If the club are valuing him at £37m as suggested, that’s £177k per week over 4 year, £152k over 5…… why sign a new contract that values you at £115k 🤷🏻‍♂️

If he’s had an indication of what he can earn from somewhere as a free agent in 12 months, he has a decision to make on whether to sign for less now or hold out for what he believes he can get.
If the club are valuing him at £37m as suggested, that’s £177k per week over 4 year, £152k over 5…… why sign for a new contract that values you at £115k 🤷🏻‍♂️
Obviously there will be clubs sniffing around his agent so he's probably got a ballpark figure of what he might get later this summer or next year.

If the club are valuing him at £37m as suggested, that’s £177k per week over 4 year, £152k over 5…… why sign a new contract that values you at £115k 🤷🏻‍♂️
As long as we aren't needing to sell him for PSR and he plays his conkers off next season then happy days. We can splash some Friedman cash on a big name number 9 ready for the new stadium.

Well he wont mind me not giving a feck if he gets a career ending injury in april next season, if hes just gonna shaft us to go on a free.

DCL might not fancy a move to the skunks. If it becomes solely a financial decision for him then he's going to max his ask. Bit like a tradesman pricing for a job they don't fancy.
Also, it is likely to be DCL’s last big contract. If I was him I would be looking to get the best possible

Some bad meffs in this thread, making lots of assumptions, just cos we aren’t getting a player they’d never heard of until a week ago.
It’s not an assumption. Benji said that it’s the fee for dcl and his wage demands.
If you mean the speculation as to why he wants so much money, fair enough.

Also, it is likely to be DCL’s last big contract. If I was him I would be looking to get the best possible
If hes had an indication that theres a big club who will offer him the big bucks and regular european footie, then fair enough.
Run down your contract and leave on a free. Just dont expect me to wish you the best for your future.
Wither way, Hes quite likely to get a 4-5 year contract and after that, get a few years on saudi wages.
Maybe he just doesnt fancy newcastle? Maybe its jamel lacel's breath hes not looking forward to?

Greedy or want market rate?

Sounds greedy when you read about them ‘demanding’ £X per week, but bottom line is they get paid what clubs are prepared to offer which is what the going rate is.
I know I wouldn’t do a job for less than I know the going rate is.
It's only market rate if someone is prepared to pay it. Currently it doesn't look like the barcodes are prepared to, so time will tell if he's asking for market rate or whether he has overestimated his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back