Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not just our valuation of DCL it’s apparently the fact he wants more money in wages than what they want to offer him. Wants away to a club to play in Europe and them prices himself out of it with the only club that seems to be interested in him.
Imagine Newcastle would have offered him a fair wage tbh, wonder how much he's holding out for.

Always have been a fan of DCL but hard to not be frustrated if reports are accurate.

Just a gut feeling but I dont think this deal is as off as people think. We've agreed terms and stayed in the race. Must be some feeling from someone that we have a chance.

I think we're still in the race personally, but not hard to see why people don't want to get their hopes up now other clubs are sniffing.

Don't think any PL club has been gazumped last minute as many times as us.
Does seem to be a worrying theme although we’ve been operating on a small budget for the last couple of years.
I’m sure the new owners will want to sort this out.

Seems unlikely.
Newcastle won’t pay £35m for DCL and DCL’s pay demands are too high.
There are ways around that if we have the will / PSR headroom to do a deal.

For instance, reduce the fee to £30 million and give DCL a £5 million golden goodbye / loyalty payment ( which you could spread over the term of his Newcastle contract ).

We would still be £30 million up on PSR.

There are ways around that if we have the will / PSR headroom to do a deal.

For instance, reduce the fee to £30 million and give DCL a £5 million golden goodbye / loyalty payment ( which you could spread over the term of his Newcastle contract ).

We would still be £30 million up on PSR.

I don’t disagree - if there is a strong will to sign this guy we should look at all possible options.

Sadly I can’t see it.

If Minteh sticks to his guns and only wants to come to us, they will have to cave to our valuation AND Doms wage demands (unless they want to sell one of their megastars on the cheap). So sniff it you horse-punching mutants.

If Minteh sticks to his guns and only wants to come to us, they will have to cave to our valuation AND Doms wage demands (unless they want to sell one of their megastars on the cheap). So sniff it you horse-punching mutants.

Tbh I think we'd have heard something by now if this was happening

Expecting to see him rock up at Brighton or Forest now

Tbh I think we'd have heard something by now if this was happening

Expecting to see him rock up at Brighton or Forest now
Yeah I think we were the favourites at the time as he supposedly wanted to stay in the premiership. Now there are other prem teams in the running I’m sure we may fall down the pecking order (at least behind Brighton anyway..screw Forest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back