Transfer Rumour Yankuba Minteh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't heard of him before we were linked.

Looks like has some pace/creativity which clearly we're desperately missing.

But you always have to take any video compilations with salt - a bucket load when it's a player at PSV/Feyenoord.

I had in a sense that he had very good numbers. Its 1 season though, and in the Dutch league, which is maybe at championship level. So some caution needed.

I had in a sense that he had very good numbers. Its 1 season though, and in the Dutch league, which is maybe at championship level. So some caution needed.
Didn’t they win the league though?

To win that league and not be PSV or Ajax is a feat in itself - and if he wa da major part of that, he’s got to be worth the risk.

Didn’t they win the league though?

To win that league and not be PSV or Ajax is a feat in itself - and if he wa da major part of that, he’s got to be worth the risk.
No they came second but they’re feyenoord not go ahead eagles they expect to be competing for trophies there.

How does everyone seem to know so much about a player I hadn’t heard of until yesterday?

Well Dan, in Gambia, Yankuba Minteh translates to Everton Mints. His passion for Everton all started with a school trip his dad attended in 1969 called the "Gambia to Gracie Market in 30 days".

During the trip he managed to take in 2 Everton games and he became besotted with Alex Young, so much so he changed his name by deed poll to the Golden Vision.

Once his son was born, there was only one destination for him (well 2 tbh as he loved Sting and purchased the singers original place of birth in Newcastle) so it was inevitable that he would find his son playing for Everton. On Yankubas part, he's known all the Everton songs off by heart since aged 4 with his favourites being "Everton, Everton, Everton", "booooooooo" and "kopites are gobshytes"

I've been reliably informed they've already sorted property out and put a deposit on a flat above the Wetherspoons on County Road

Well Dan, in Gambia, Yankuba Minteh translates to Everton Mints. His passion for Everton all started with a school trip his dad attended in 1969 called the "Gambia to Gracie Market in 30 days".

During the trip he managed to take in 2 Everton games and he became besotted with Alex Young, so much so he changed his name by deed poll to the Golden Vision.
Very good Macca 😂😂
One flaw in that theory though, Alex Young was sold to Glentoran in 1968 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.