Confirmed Signing Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd will not be seen to be getting Barca's cast offs as part of a Pogba deal - it'll make them look small time. It'll be cold, hard cash or nothing. I get the impression they have other targets in mind.

I think we're the front runners for Mina's signiture. There's a sense of urgency if he's missed training - if he was going to Lyon, he could relax because their window's open for a lot longer.

Utd will not be seen to be getting Barca's cast offs as part of a Pogba deal - it'll make them look small time. It'll be cold, hard cash or nothing. I get the impression they have other targets in mind.

I think we're the front runners for Mina's signiture. There's a sense of urgency if he's missed training - if he was going to Lyon, he could relax because their window's open for a lot longer.
Great point.

Barca, playing a bit of a dangerous game if the reports are true. Have the opportunity to sell a player for twice what his worth on the basis of a world cup. I hope both clubs go for different players.
I’m getting a bit annoyed with everyone involved in this transfer.

Barca - he’s played around 7 games for you, you’ve bought a new centre back, he’s a non-EU national and you only paid £10m for him around 6 years ago. Stop messing around trying to demand a massive fee.

Everton - tell them (all of them) if they won’t agree to our deal we’ll move on and actually move on if they don’t.

Mina / uncle - realise when you’re getting a good opportunity.
Ps Utd don’t want you.

Just wanted to highlight this again...

Mina was first linked to Barca 2-3 years ago.

He went to Palmeiras but Barca were the favourites to sign him back then, 2 years ago.

They then signed a pre-contract in Jan/Feb 2017 http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/02/16/58a5a76b268e3eb7388b47ac.html

So the 10.6mil is actually the fee from 1.5 years+ ago.

He would have been over 20mil (people suggest) if Barca hadn't had the pre-contract agreed.

Were not talking about a random defender who only looked good in the world cup, he's been very highly rated in South America for a few seasons...

I've not seen him before Barca/World cup and didn't take any notice really...but I read about him a lot over the past couple of years.

Lyon can't compete on wages, they're in a dreadful league and although they have the champions league they're not a contender, rather like a far better version of Celtic, (real nonentities in Europe which tbf Lyon aren't), so in Europe but pity about their domestic league.

United or us all day long, hopefully Levy starts seeing £ signs at Spurs and cashes in on Alderweireld, they coped last season but are those replacements adequate?

United are apparently preparing an offer.

I think Spurs have made a mistake with Toby, by all accounts he doesn't want to stay and will leave anyway, possibly for nothing or maybe 25m which is what his fee drops to in just 6 months.

I could understand the decision if they were awash with cash but that doesn't appear to be the case, they should have sold Toby 4 weeks ago, took the 40m or whatever it is, and let Poch buy somebody.

The problem is that if they sell him now there is no time for a replacement to be bought, so they could be stuck with an unhappy player who is going to leave for potentially nothing, and they will receive no money either. Think Levy has been a bit too stubborn for his own good.

Lyon can't compete on wages, they're in a dreadful league and although they have the champions league they're not a contender, rather like a far better version of Celtic, (real nonentities in Europe which tbf Lyon aren't), so in Europe but pity about their domestic league..
Makes the fact they took us to the cleaners even more depressing.

Makes the fact they took us to the cleaners even more depressing.

Well not really in that Lyon themselves aren't a bad team at all, but unfortunately for them they're trapped in a league they have to compete in domestically that actually is a very poor league.

Wasn't it in the spell under Unsworth were even Southampton were giving us a hiding anyway?

Consequently without major oil state backers like PSG, they're left financially far worse off and unable to compete in financial terms with clubs from far better and richer leagues.

A league with one very dominant team and one or two reasonable teams, but with the majority very weak indeed and financially very poor won't attract foreign wealth easily, there are no big TV deals being made to cover the French league

Last edited:
Lyon can't compete on wages, they're in a dreadful league and although they have the champions league they're not a contender, rather like a far better version of Celtic, (real nonentities in Europe which tbf Lyon aren't), so in Europe but pity about their domestic league.

United or us all day long, hopefully Levy starts seeing £ signs at Spurs and cashes in on Alderweireld, they coped last season but are those replacements adequate?

United are apparently preparing an offer.

I think Spurs have made a mistake with Toby, by all accounts he doesn't want to stay and will leave anyway, possibly for nothing or maybe 25m which is what his fee drops to in just 6 months.

I could understand the decision if they were awash with cash but that doesn't appear to be the case, they should have sold Toby 4 weeks ago, took the 40m or whatever it is, and let Poch buy somebody.

The problem is that if they sell him now there is no time for a replacement to be bought, so they could be stuck with an unhappy player who is going to leave for potentially nothing, and they will receive no money either. Think Levy has been a bit too stubborn for his own good.
Spurs have a one year extension clause with Toby. They haven't activated it yet but they can, which gives them 2 years left with him.

But that also says the English transfer window closes on the 31st of august
its probably still then officially, this new one is probably just a 'soft' deadline officially

Probably because, in theory, you can still loan until the 31st with a view to a permanent coming into effect on January 1st.

Or at least that's what I read yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back