2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame. He's a really good player and, seemingly, a huge influence in the dressing room, but those injuries aren't going to go away.

We might not see him again and him leaving might be for the best, but I can't dislike him just because he's made of rice paper

Such a shame. He's a really good player and, seemingly, a huge influence in the dressing room, but those injuries aren't going to go away.

We might not see him again and him leaving might be for the best, but I can't dislike him just because he's made of rice paper
His calf is f******, much like a certain other Colombian we had.

Short of having surgery, which reading up isn't a sure-fire success, he needs a warmer climate and a less intense league. And even that isn't a sure-fire success.

If we stay up, then he will be on the 'for sale' list - but all bar maybe 2-3 players will be you'd imagine. But he shouldn't be pushed out of the door unless there's a deal that fulfils what we need FFP wise (think that's about £6-7m), depending on who else goes out of the door.

I like the way you would trade 2 International CBs for a 19 year old you havent even watched play.

Classic Zat, that doesnt mean I wouldnt try and move on Mina and potentially Keane, Mina we might struggle to sell for more due to his high wages, low contract length and injury record, but we would get more than 10 for Keane.
If we stay up we might get more than £10m for Keane but I'm not entirely sure tbh.

We need 2 CBs whatever happens and 2 need to go. Which 2, I'm not really bothered about tbh. I'd keep Mina if the offers aren't good enough because I think what he brings when he is fit is worth it. However, that's only under the condition we aren't relying on him to be our entire defensive organsier which, unfortunately, he is atm.

I wouldn't sell him. His injuries have been ridiculous, but it seems to be fairly normal these days. Look at city's defenders... They never seem to have the same 2 centre backs fit for more than 1 game.

Mina's injuries are only a problem because the squad is poor. If we had 2 or 3 other centrebacks worth their salt, we wouldn't be as concerned with mina's injuries.

He is *that good* compared to the rest of our defence, like. That much is very clear.

But of course he needs replacing.

He starts when fit given the woeful form of our defence, but he always has a calamity in him. Like the last game.

Even if he was always fit, I'd still say we need better if we're ever going to compete. For me he's an unsettling 'lead' centre half - is too drawn to the ball for me. It's like he plays his own game at times.

Next season we need to bring in a top centre half, and alongside him I'd have Branthwaite/Godfrey.

I wouldn't sell him. His injuries have been ridiculous, but it seems to be fairly normal these days. Look at city's defenders... They never seem to have the same 2 centre backs fit for more than 1 game.

Mina's injuries are only a problem because the squad is poor. If we had 2 or 3 other centrebacks worth their salt, we wouldn't be as concerned with mina's injuries.

Nah no chance mate.

He has 1 year on his deal.

You need a settled consistent defence. His fitness alone dictates he's never going to contribute to that.

I read a few weeks ago that we had something bonkers like 20 odd different defence set ups this season, more than any other team. It shows.

He starts when fit given the woeful form of our defence, but he always has a calamity in him. Like the last game.

Even if he was always fit, I'd still say we need better if we're ever going to compete. For me he's an unsettling 'lead' centre half - is too drawn to the ball for me. It's like he plays his own game at times.

Next season we need to bring in a top centre half, and alongside him I'd have Branthwaite/Godfrey.
Harsh that - for me that was 95% Coleman

I genuinely can't remember the last time I thought he was culpable for a goal

Harsh that - for me that was 95% Coleman

I genuinely can't remember the last time I thought he was culpable for a goal

Not for me.

Coleman doesn't help but if Coleman isn't there at all, it's still a goal.

Mina has to win that first phase (i think he hesitates as the obvious header would be to another Leicester player) - he's been spun/comes off Mina's back. Coleman should have stepped back to recover though.

Cost/benifit needs to be looked at.

Hes one of our highest earners, that VS the amount of games he plays needs to analysed. (Also his contract situation).

We can all get behind a full blooded performence, but there havent been enough due to fitness.

Same applies to Delph. Both are two of our highest earners.

Cant let the sentiment of the last few weeks and their performences, influence the transition and evolution the side likely needs and both offer scope on the wage bill.

No point sitting here next with our backside in the air again next next April (if we survive) as a club hoping lads get fit and return to make an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.