2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand the lad a new contract our best CB.
If he would take it on our terms, he already would have.

The problem with Mina has always been that he's half a CB due to the injuries. Right now, we aren't deep enough to carry that.

I hate it, because I love the guy, but we have to sell. We had to sell last summer, truth be told. Granted, there was less money kicking around then than there likely is now, but we've still cost ourselves by running the contract down.

I wouldn't, personally.
I would personally. I would let him see out his contract and try to persuade him to stay whilst doing so.

He's our best defender by a country mile and, because of his contract and injury record, we'd get a very low transfer fee for him. Much less than what we paid. There's no way we could attract a defender of half his quality to the club, certainly not for the amount we would get for him. He's worth a lot more to us if he stays, even if it's only until the end of his current contract.

In addition to that, he's a character and a leader and you shouldn't underestimate how much that brings to the group. We don't have many of them. I'd actually make him captain next season.

I would personally. I would let him see out his contract and try to persuade him to stay whilst doing so.

He's our best defender by a country mile and, because of his contract and injury record, we'd get a very low transfer fee for him. Much less than what we paid. There's no way we could attract a defender of half his quality to the club, certainly not for the amount we would get for him. He's worth a lot more to us if he stays, even if it's only until the end of his current contract.

In addition to that, he's a character and a leader and you shouldn't underestimate how much that brings to the group. We don't have many of them. I'd actually make him captain next season.
We really could. He's not even close to being in that sort of bracket, I don't understand why people think he is.

You cant make a player captain in a season where hes seeing out the final year of his contract.

Lets say we sold Mina (£15mil), Holgate (£10mil) and Keane (10mil) thats £35mil brought in and around £250k a week in wages.

We could bring in a centre back on loan from a top club and use some of the £35mil on a young player who can be gradually integrated into the team.

Id rather we did that and kept Branthwaite and Godfrey.

If he doesn't extend his contract then we have no option but to sell in the summer, even though we won't get great value. We are in no position to let good players leave on free transfers. It's not even a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.