2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record I didnt boo Digne, nor do I think its acceptable to throw coins and bottles at players, so much so that in my 40 odd years of supporting this club I have never once even shouted abuse at any Everton player or manager whilst attending a game.

The internet isnt for everybody, I suggest if you get offended by people calling other peoples name that maybe you should consider not using Social media.

My point stands, you only took issues with me calling Mina a donkey, despite there being many, many players and posters on here doing the same hourly.

You dont want none of this, walk away.
For the next record, I’m glad you didn’t boo on Digne and have never in your 40 years of following the club have shouted an abuse. Too many fans do to the degradation of the game.

I really don’t use much social media, except this forum and sometimes tbh I do feel like I need to step away from it too because there is a lot of meanness and name calling that happens here.

I wasn’t trying to single you out regarding the donkey comment, but I have not seeing any other post referring to him in such manner otherwise I would have responded to those too. Maybe it is a cultural thing but a black person being call a donkey is very demeaning.

Btw, I like to do my own walking and decide my own paths, but thanks for the advise.

For the next record, I’m glad you didn’t boo on Digne and have never in your 40 years of following the club have shouted an abuse. Too many fans do to the degradation of the game.

I really don’t use much social media, except this forum and sometimes tbh I do feel like I need to step away from it too because there is a lot of meanness and name calling that happens here.

I wasn’t trying to single you out regarding the donkey comment, but I have not seeing any other post referring to him in such manner otherwise I would have responded to those too. Maybe it is a cultural thing but a black person being call a donkey is very demeaning.

Btw, I like to do my own walking and decide my own paths, but thanks for the advise.
In England a donkey just means a very bad footballer.

I like Mina, hes without question our best CB, but hes never fit, so being our best CB sitting at home is an oxymoron.

I like Mina, hes without question our best CB, but hes never fit, so being our best CB sitting at home is an oxymoron.
Then there lays the root of our misunderstanding. A word that for me sounds offensive, for you all has a completely different meaning.

I understand your frustration, after all I’m also a Blue and want the success of our team. But like my good friend @Barnfred 55 explained very well in previous posts, we shouldn’t sell Mina. But we all have our opinion and are entitled to them.

I like the lad . Good defender , but unfortunately he can't stay fit .
I could be wrong , but he has been out injured a lot more times than he has been fit . We can't afford that , we need more reliability, especially in that department . I'd sell (imo)

Said word is used in said way around here daily and has, so far, passed without notice.

I'm going to have to admit to finding it weird that this usage has become an issue today. I'm not from England. I have long since accepted that the Goat's definition is the working one in the context of this forum. I infer that this is King's English usage more broadly.

It's a more loaded term on this side of the pond, which has a lot to do with our history of finding ways to denigrate people with skin color that doesn't happen to match our own.

I suspect Goat is just on the wind up Sass. Take no notice.
Goat and I have always had our differences, Fred. And even though he took a low shot at me with the nudity comment. It seems he thought I was singling him out too when I called him on the donkey comment but I wasn’t. Then it turns out that English people use of the word donkey it is different to what it means to me. Misunderstandings that happen when you interact with people from other cultures. But it is all good. I’m not wind up at all. Xx

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.