2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were gonna do that, then the old fashioned pay as you play would be better. Or pay if your fit to be in the match day squad.
But honestly we need to move away from £120k+ a week players for a few years.
I would have no problem paying him £120k per game

Coady must be goner? If Mina with three games left on his contract got the nod.

Wonder will we buy him and then try and get a few bob for him - even if that was possible.

I'd be beyond surprised if an agent agreed to a pay as you play deal. That's not going to happen, and I don't think he should be offered an extension.

He was great yesterday, but we can't base a contract extension for a high earner on 1 or 2 games

orly? surely at least you can do a deal that has a fixed basis but heavily weighted to appearance & performance bonuses?

Thats what i mentioned e.g £50k a week and a lump sum for completing a certain amount of minutes

Rather than a play only deal which wasnt allowed some time ago.

Highly doubt any player would accept that anyway.

I'd be beyond surprised if an agent agreed to a pay as you play deal. That's not going to happen, and I don't think he should be offered an extension.

He was great yesterday, but we can't base a contract extension for a high earner on 1 or 2 games
well sure, if we can get in someone else younger of that calibre. yesterday just underlined what a difference someone of his standard makes.

Going to be an interesting summer window if we stay up and don't retain Mina or sign Coady

We're going to need to sign some centre backs or promote from the youth set up, and judging by financial restraints it may have to be the latter

I'm glad Mina not only did well yesterday but that he seemingly got through it okay

The last thing we need right now is another injury prone player, so for that reason I'd be against giving him a new deal, but I'd wish him well wherever he ended up. No beef with Yerry at all, we just don't have allowance for having a player on the books who never plays

Thats what i mentioned e.g £50k a week and a lump sum for completing a certain amount of minutes

Rather than a play only deal which wasnt allowed some time ago.

Highly doubt any player would accept that anyway.
depends. perhaps if he and the fam are settled etc. and if the scotch egg can get a tune out of him, then could be worth keeping around if the transaction can be made to work for both parties.

Quality yesterday and we'll need him to replicate that for the last 3 games.

Then it's farewell. Fitness record is dreadful so there's no way on earth we would be considering any kind of contract unless it was him playing for free.

With him being on a free, someone in Europe will snap him up and he'll still get a very good wage, just not the level of wage that we chucked at him.

This is Everton mate.

Going to be an interesting summer window if we stay up and don't retain Mina or sign Coady

We're going to need to sign some centre backs or promote from the youth set up, and judging by financial restraints it may have to be the latter

I'm glad Mina not only did well yesterday but that he seemingly got through it okay

The last thing we need right now is another injury prone player, so for that reason I'd be against giving him a new deal, but I'd wish him well wherever he ended up. No beef with Yerry at all, we just don't have allowance for having a player on the books who never plays
Branthwaite comes in. For me, we then need to sell Keane as well and bring in someone better than Godfrey and Holgate.

Branthwaite comes in. For me, we then need to sell Keane as well and bring in someone better than Godfrey and Holgate.

If were going to let Mina leave...do we then also sell DCL?

As their injuries currently put them in a similar bracket.

I am concerned that he will play against City and pull something and that will be him for the rest of the season leaving us weakened with Keane for Wolves and Bournemouth which are the two games out of the three we have the best chance of getting points out of. He really needs to be in those games and then we can get 4-6 points from those matches. Can he play four games in a row. I am sure he has done in the past but if doesnt feel like he ever has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back