2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina is out of contract, Coady going back to Wolves, you're saying sell Keane

We're going to need more than one new defender in that situation, especially if we need to think about replacing Coleman also if he's done through injury

So one right back and two centre backs at least, not to mention other areas of the squad that will need improving

For a team with no money, that's a big ask, especially as I don't expect we'll get much for Keane so it's not like his sale can finance it alone
Well Branthwaite and 1 new CB.

Right back, we have Patterson. I don’t know what our youth team is like and whether there is anyone coming through. And whether Coleman will stay as a backup etc.

No idea how much money we will have to play with this year. The big loss years are coming off the cycle aren’t they? And our wage bill will drop considerably again.

Well Branthwaite and 1 new CB.

Right back, we have Patterson. I don’t know what our youth team is like and whether there is anyone coming through. And whether Coleman will stay as a backup etc.

No idea how much money we will have to play with this year. The big loss years are coming off the cycle aren’t they? And our wage bill will drop considerably again.

I imagine we'll have little to nothing to spend unless those Italians or Americans actually invest, which could be a potential minefield all by itself

Cloth is going to have to be cut accordingly in the summer, even if we do stay up

Wouldn't shock me to see a few players sold and an influx of young potential along with some journeymen players to keep things ticking

Maybe a couple of loans as well

Regardless, it won't be an exciting window unless we get some money in

I sincerely doubt that we'll get the squad sorted in just the one window. It'll take 2 or 3 at least

I imagine we'll have little to nothing to spend unless those Italians or Americans actually invest, which could be a potential minefield all by itself

Cloth is going to have to be cut accordingly in the summer, even if we do stay up

Wouldn't shock me to see a few players sold and an influx of young potential along with some journeymen players to keep things ticking

I sincerely doubt that we'll get the squad sorted in just the one window. It'll take 2 or 3 at least
100% it will take a few windows. It’s taken 10 so far 😂

I think if we are retaining Dyche then he will want to start with the defence though so can see that being sorted first.
I think we see one big sale, and I imagine it will be Pickford as Spurs and United will both want a new GK.

Kean and gordon have already gone for serious money. Gomes will have offers so we might recoup a little there. A few links for Maupay to Italy, we don't have a ton of fat to cut from the squad really, I can't see Mina offered a new deal (at least not on the alleged mega wages he's on) Vinagre and Coady I think will return to parent clubs, we might see some wheeler dealer Moyes type low level signings that turn out to be great value. Unless we cash in on Onana.
I'd have Richarlison back in a heartbeat.

Not sure either of them may play at the weekend (for different reasons) but I wouldn’t mind watching a Mina / Haaland battle…
In the away game, Godfrey had a decent game against Haaland, and you could see signs of Haaland losing his composure at times, leading to him getting booked for a wild lunge. Could very well see Haaland totally losing the plot having to put up with Mina whispering absolute shithousery into his ears for 90 minutes

Unfortunately he has an awful injury record. Cant imagine any club offering big wages atm. Stick him through a hell week and see if he breaks.

Would give him an 18 month deal with an option on reduced wages if he was willing to stay....
When fit he's by far the best defender at the club

I think if we are retaining Dyche then he will want to start with the defence though so can see that being sorted first.
I think we see one big sale, and I imagine it will be Pickford as Spurs and United will both want a new GK.
Tell you what United to well on the slide that lad.

Tell you what United to need a new keeper, well on the slide that lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back