2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me. Mina is leaving regardless. I don’t think he would sign a new deal anyway. And he is 29 in September. This will be his last real move and we would want him to take a pay cut.

DCL is 26 and I believe has 2 years left. For me, we give him next season and see whether he can maintain his current fitness now that he has been allowed to actually get fit again and not rushed back. We still need to bring in another striker though to rotate/play alongside.
I have a feeling that DCL will do anything to leave in the summer regardless of whether we are relegated or not.

….I’m a huge fan of his but we’ve learned nothing if we offer Mina a contract extension. There has to be criteria to meet, boxes to be ticked before we buy new players or offer extensions to existing players & that criteria includes a good injury record.

I suspect Mina’s agent has been talking with clubs and his performance these last few games will hopefully help him get a decent deal elsewhere.

….I’m a huge fan of his but we’ve learned nothing if we offer Mina a contract extension. There has to be criteria to meet, boxes to be ticked before we buy new players or offer extensions to existing players & that criteria includes a good injury record.

I suspect Mina’s agent has been talking with clubs and his performance these last few games will hopefully help him get a decent deal elsewhere.
why not offer a one year extension.
No way we're signing anyone that good.
the extension would only cost a few million.

And this is pure speculation but Dyche (for all his faults) seems to have the first regime in a long time that wont rush players back and will insist on full fitness, thus limiting the possibility of continued injuries.

I think a one year extension is risk but one definitely worth taking.

That’s not going to be a one window job unless we get some new investment unfortunately

Not for me. Mina is leaving regardless. I don’t think he would sign a new deal anyway. And he is 29 in September. This will be his last real move and we would want him to take a pay cut.

DCL is 26 and I believe has 2 years left. For me, we give him next season and see whether he can maintain his current fitness now that he has been allowed to actually get fit again and not rushed back. We still need to bring in another striker though to rotate/play alongside.

Selling one defender and bringing in another, why couldn’t we do that in one window?

We'll have Branthwaite back for next season so we might need another 2 unless we are keeping Godfrey.
Think Holgate will be gone.

Mina is out of contract, Coady going back to Wolves, you're saying sell Keane

We're going to need more than one new defender in that situation, especially if we need to think about replacing Coleman also if he's done through injury

So one right back and two centre backs at least, not to mention other areas of the squad that will need improving

For a team with no money, that's a big ask, especially as I don't expect we'll get much for Keane so it's not like his sale can finance it alone

I think theres only Tarkowski, Branthwaite and Patterson who the majority of the forum would keep of the defensive options.

Not ideal.

If you would allow him to leave on a free due to injuries would that mean you would also allow DCL to leave for a fee?

Offer him a new one-year deal on hugely reduced wages. Obviously he'll reject it, but he'd be worth a 50k a week risk for a season if he was happy to sign. Surprised he hasn't signed a pre-contract with anybody yet, most decent players at the end of their contracts are usually sorted by this stage.

i do get why he probably wont be offered a new contract given his wages and amount of times he gets injured, but in the last 3 seasons he's played on average 25 games a season, it's not great but it's slightly over egging how prone he is.

this season, he's missed a lot but hes just been sat on the bench for about 5 months, im sure he's been in every matchday squad since the turn of the year?

And this is pure speculation but Dyche (for all his faults) seems to have the first regime in a long time that wont rush players back and will insist on full fitness, thus limiting the possibility of continued injuries.

…his injury record is woeful. We have to have a business model where Players with continuous spells on the sidelines are moved on. Branthwaite is the easy replacement for next season, he looks very impressive.

On the subject, if DCL continues to impress and we are safe, then I’d certainly be looking to cash in on him and use the monies on somebody equally as efficient but physically more robust.

I think until the end of the season he should traverse in a giant hamster ball while bubble wrapped outside of games to minimize possibility of injury. Best defender on the team , his skills with heading the ball are sublime , even displayed his signature diving header move last night lol

I'd want him back on a 1 year deal but I don't think Mina would sign a 1 year deal if he can get a 4 year deal elsewhere. The only thing in our favor is that we would offer wages that most teams won't spend on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back