2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s suckered me in again after last night.
His ability has never been in doubt for me, his attitude towards availability has been the problem with his Everton career.

IF he could be paid a modest (for a footballer) wage with significant appearance fee I’d rather see him stay than leave for free, even if it was only to sell on in a season or so and get some cash back on him.
Won’t happen as he’s made an absolute fortune and I suspect he will be back off to South America to play nearer to home and live a life of extreme & generational wealth.

What do you do with him now. Sign him up or let him go. 15 starts in two years tends to say the latter. Shame because he was excellent yesterday. But we'll struggle to get him on a run of probably 5 consectutive games.

What do you do with him now. Sign him up or let him go. 15 starts in two years tends to say the latter. Shame because he was excellent yesterday. But we'll struggle to get him on a run of probably 5 consectutive games.
If he can help us survive this season, than give him a big hug and a lovely send off..

Everton fans raved about the Mina's influence on the side in his first game since January, and only the fourth in the Premier League this season.

But club chiefs seemingly remain unconvinced with bosses said to have decided not to enter talks with the 28-year-old over extending his £120,000-a-week deal.

Journalist Pipe Sierra tweeted: “Yerry Mina (28) will not continue in #Everton . From the club there was no effort to renew his contract that ends in June of this year.”

He added: “The defender is already listening to offers from other leagues.

Everton fans raved about the Mina's influence on the side in his first game since January, and only the fourth in the Premier League this season.

But club chiefs seemingly remain unconvinced with bosses said to have decided not to enter talks with the 28-year-old over extending his £120,000-a-week deal.

Journalist Pipe Sierra tweeted: “Yerry Mina (28) will not continue in #Everton . From the club there was no effort to renew his contract that ends in June of this year.”

He added: “The defender is already listening to offers from other leagues.
Best for all parties to be honest.
The lad is our best defender, but he is also the most unreliable player to be able to fill that position.
Its a Shame how its gone, but we have to move on from these issues within our club.
That's also another £120,000 off our wage bill each wk

In a perfect world we would already have our replacement targeted ( for whichever division we find ourselves in ) but I doubt that's the case....

1 year extension to his current deal or 2 year deal on 30% less.
If he stays fit for the next 3 games perhaps the Dyche fitness regime is working wonders and a contract extension would work for all parties (not sure he would accept a 1 year deal though). Then again im always suspicious of players whose performance and availability levels increase around the time of contract negotiations.....

There's a definite sense of knickers slowly dropping in this thread...

It's bizarre really. It doesn't really matter if he takes a pay cut. He simply won't be available - and we need to put our limited resources into players that are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back