2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this dude finally gets back to fitness we should play him exclusively from the bench. You cannot rely on him to play 90 mins, honestly can't remember the last time he did. Bring him on if we have to but bench or treatment room until the end of his contract then never think of him again. Made of biscuits.
The 5 subs thing is going to benefit us since we know we might have to allocate one for him if he starts, or have the option to bring him on.

The 5 subs thing is going to benefit us since we know we might have to allocate one for him if he starts, or have the option to bring him on.
I'd have sold him, we can't now, and I suspect nobody would've been stupid enough to buy him. I would only bring him on if I absolutely had to, we just can't rely on him. Probably not his fault but it is what it is.

It's this simple. Play him when he is healthy. Don't expected more than 20 games from him. Most of us will agree he is a very good defender when fit.

No one is gonna buy him at a fee that is reasonable due to his injury history.

It's this simple. Play him when he is healthy. Don't expected more than 20 games from him. Most of us will agree he is a very good defender when fit.

He’s never healthy though. Bring him off the bench if anything from now on but even then who is to say he isn’t going to injure himself coming off the bench.

He only plays half the games. Question; Would you renew his contract at half the salary?

Surely the fee that is reasonable is getting his wages off our book and getting a centre half in who can actually play regularly?

It's so bad with Mina that when he starts I actually expect him to get injured.

He needs to do what ledley King used to do at spurs and not train. He needs to just keep fit by himself and get on the pitch for match day. It will minimise the chance of injury

He needs to do what ledley King used to do at spurs and not train. He needs to just keep fit by himself and get on the pitch for match day. It will minimise the chance of injury
All those muscles injuries suggest that he needs to rebalance his body. Look at the way he runs. Maybe tweak the style a bit to reduce damage. It's not easy when it's natural but I had to to stop running on the balls of my feet as it was causing hip injuries.

Yoga might be a huge benefit for him too. I guess the physios at the club are looking into cause and prevention and know better than me though.

All those muscles injuries suggest that he needs to rebalance his body. Look at the way he runs. Maybe tweak the style a bit to reduce damage. It's not easy when it's natural but I had to to stop running on the balls of my feet as it was causing hip injuries.

Yoga might be a huge benefit for him too. I guess the physios at the club are looking into cause and prevention and know better than me though.
Physiis at the club? Who are they? It’s time we meet them one on one…:)

70c6cc38-b897-4059-85c1-25870dd15723_text.gif

Sadly , Mina getting injured yesterday was the most predictable thing ever.

You can't plan a defence with him . An option from the bench at best. Can't be moved on.

In fairness to him he was desperate to get back on the pitch yesterday and had to be restrained and persuaded to accept being substituted, the heart is definitely there.
Had he not been injury prone we would never have had the opportunity to sign him. He remains our best CB by a long way and we are still a better team when he is on the pitch.
We just have to continue to accept his limitations and utilise him when we are able.
We won’t be selling any CB’s this season anyway.

I've reached my limit with him now, decent player, seems like a nice fella, but, he is made of glass. Also, I'm not sure if the niggles he gets, cause another player to miss so many games. Does he want it enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.