Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Young EFC Players Out On Loan 16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although we let ledson go for free I would be surprised if there is no sell on clause at a high percentage like the one we put in forshaws deal. I would imagine that will be the case with Conor grant as well that although he will be a free agent in the summer there is an agreement in place with Everton if he decides to join them in league 1

You must be loving us mate. Lundstram, Ledson, and McAleny. Where would you be with the Everton academy :)

We had Kenny off you last season too.

We've picked up a few players from other Prem teams too - Roofe from West Brom who we sold to Leeds for £3m and recently Rothwell from Man U, but we've definitely had most success from Everton. With Lundstram captain I think it makes a difference. McAleny played with him a lot, Kenny would surely have known of him and Ledson is matey with Kenny, so once one player has taken the jump it's not surprising that more follow. Plus Appleton has a really good reputation and your setup trust him. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of your youngsters come our way in the future, provided we keep hold of Appleton. He's another with a bright future.

I still cant understand why we let him go...any rumours your end why he was made available?

None that I have heard but I'm presuming it's the case where the player wants football and Everton don't want to stand in his way.

I believe we paid about £100k for him (peanuts to Everton but a bit more to us)! I would be shocked if there wasn't a big sell on fee percentage. It's the model we're going for and it's working.

To take the example of Roofe again, he was under contract at West Brom but never going to play. He had a successful loan with us and then we got him for either free or not a lot of money. He had a great season with us then we flogged him to Leeds for £3m. £1.4m of that went to West Brom and we had £1.6m. A win win situation. I reckon there's something similar in place for Lego.

I'm surprised a Championship club didn't pick him up to be honest, think he'd do a job at that level.

I'm sure he could cut it at that level but I reckon he needs games more than anything right now and that's what we would've told him we'd give him. He's 24, so he has a lot of his career in front of him but he needs to get a wiggle on. His next decision is a big one. He will likely leave yours in the summer and I'm sure we'll be after him as will a fair few other clubs based on his performances for us, but at his age I don't think he wants to be a bit part player at Championship level. If he signs with us and does the business next season, there would undoubtedly be Championship clubs interested and if we weren't at that level then nobody would stand in his way to let him go.

Also, going off topic a little but I was wondering what your thoughts are on the EFL Trophy? Has it been beneficial having your u23 side in it?

None that I have heard but I'm presuming it's the case where the player wants football and Everton don't want to stand in his way.

I believe we paid about £100k for him (peanuts to Everton but a bit more to us)! I would be shocked if there wasn't a big sell on fee percentage. It's the model we're going for and it's working.

To take the example of Roofe again, he was under contract at West Brom but never going to play. He had a successful loan with us and then we got him for either free or not a lot of money. He had a great season with us then we flogged him to Leeds for £3m. £1.4m of that went to West Brom and we had £1.6m. A win win situation. I reckon there's something similar in place for Lego.

Said in our youth thread I'll be keeping an eye on you and adopting you as my league team if this keeps up. Hope you get promoted.

I'm sure he could cut it at that level but I reckon he needs games more than anything right now and that's what we would've told him we'd give him. He's 24, so he has a lot of his career in front of him but he needs to get a wiggle on. His next decision is a big one. He will likely leave yours in the summer and I'm sure we'll be after him as will a fair few other clubs based on his performances for us, but at his age I don't think he wants to be a bit part player at Championship level. If he signs with us and does the business next season, there would undoubtedly be Championship clubs interested and if we weren't at that level then nobody would stand in his way to let him go.

Easier to slot into a Championship side when you've got a track record of goals a division below, which he's building.

We had Kenny off you last season too.

We've picked up a few players from other Prem teams too - Roofe from West Brom who we sold to Leeds for £3m and recently Rothwell from Man U, but we've definitely had most success from Everton. With Lundstram captain I think it makes a difference. McAleny played with him a lot, Kenny would surely have known of him and Ledson is matey with Kenny, so once one player has taken the jump it's not surprising that more follow. Plus Appleton has a really good reputation and your setup trust him. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of your youngsters come our way in the future, provided we keep hold of Appleton. He's another with a bright future.

Whats your opinion on kenny seeing as he might get game time over the next few weeks?

Whats your opinion on kenny seeing as he might get game time over the next few weeks?

He had big boots to fill and had a wobbly debut but after that he was solid. Not the quickest for a full back (but not slow). He was good positionally, decent on the ball and got stuck in. His timing of the tackle was very good and he always tried to get forward. He definitely looked like he had a future in the professional game but unless he's improved a lot then I don't think he's ready for week in week out Premier League football yet. Seemed to have a very good attitude though and everybody liked him, certainly wish him well. He never let us down.

The way you're going you might be in the championship next season mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back