Your stance on Martinez AND what would change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd feel much more at ease if there were signs of some form of realism, personal accountability and a fair perspective of the situation at hand.

Right now, I see very little of any of the above and that is what overly concerns me about Martinez and his ability to change the situation around.

We continue to make the same mistakes, especially in defence, which is resulting in our current poor run of form. Yet we hear the same dross.

An ethos where defence is completely overshadowed attack... a young squad who is learning... poor decisions by officials... worried at home.

If he held himself to an account by realising his approach is not working and adapted our tactics so we got a result, then I'd give him longer.

However, he seems unable or unwilling to do. He shows little to no adaptability. Basically, he seems utterly out of touch regarding our problems.

If you can't see the problems even though countless others are able to, then how can you be trusted to fix it? Unless he changes he's a no for me.

I'm concerned that our young squad, who he keeps saying will learn from this, will not be around here much longer for us to see the benefits.

Our fantastic spine of players leaving because of Martinez's errors and inability to adapt, will be much harder to swallow than a poor season.

I still having unwavering support of the manager, and I dislike the fact that a lot of our fan base are calling for his head.

Sacking a manager during a stable, albeit frustrating, period in a football clubs season almost never works. Look at the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland and West Brom. Chairmen that are all too happy to get rid at times where the manager really needs support.

Our fanbase is becoming exceedingly toxic, and I really dislike it. At the end of the day, it's not as if Martinez doesn't want to do well with us. His reputation is on the line here, and I'm certain that he's doing everything in his power to turn things around.

A bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss either.
  • We got into the semi-finals of the League Cup, losing mainly down to two refereeing mistakes.
  • We're a few points off a european place, with a fair bit of the season left to run.
  • We have the best young squad we've had in years.
  • Injuries are beginning to cool a bit, Jagielka returning will improve things at the back.
Have some belief.

Some more perspective:

- 1 win in the last 11 games.
- Lost 10 out of the last 20 home league games dating back to last season.
- Not beaten a side outside the bottom 3 since last September.
- You can't blame refereeing mistakes when we have also benefited from them - City could have had a penalty in the first leg, and also again in the 0-0 league game.
- Our inability to close out games when we're leading is atrocious.
- The team lacks mental strength and a winning mentality.
- The obsession with playing a woefully out of form (and in some people's eyes, 'finished') Tim Howard is damaging to the team and the fans.
- Jagielka returning is a plus, but we also conceded a lot of goals with him in the side prior to his injury in October. It is the defensive style the manager is asking him and the rest to play that's generally at fault, not necessarily the player himself.
- We are 8 points off 5th, and also 8 points off 18 points. We are at the crossroads.

Some more perspective:

- 1 win in the last 11 games.
- Lost 10 out of the last 20 home league games dating back to last season.
- Not beaten a side outside the bottom 3 since last September.
- You can't blame refereeing mistakes when we have also benefited from them - City could have had a penalty in the first leg, and also again in the 0-0 league game.
- Our inability to close out games when we're leading is atrocious.
- The team lacks mental strength and a winning mentality.
- The obsession with playing a woefully out of form (and in some people's eyes, 'finished') Tim Howard is damaging to the team and the fans.
- Jagielka returning is a plus, but we also conceded a lot of goals with him in the side prior to his injury in October. It is the defensive style the manager is asking him and the rest to play that's generally at fault, not necessarily the player himself.
- We are 8 points off 5th, and also 8 points off 18 points. We are at the crossroads.
Its all about how you see this we dew with City away, should have beat Chelsea , over two legs we very nearly beat City. If we would have had a bit more discipline in the last ten minutes in about four games we would have had eight more points and everyone would have a different attitude .The other thing is non one has mentioned the incoming manager that they want to come in, and I think its important to think of that before you get rid of your manager.

Its all about how you see this we dew with City away, should have beat Chelsea , over two legs we very nearly beat City. If we would have had a bit more discipline in the last ten minutes in about four games we would have had eight more points and everyone would have a different attitude .The other thing is non one has mentioned the incoming manager that they want to come in, and I think its important to think of that before you get rid of your manager.
But...we don't. If we kept a clean sheet every match we'd be top of the league but....we're not and we don't.

There's another thread with incoming managers, with about 30 pages of suggestions.

In short.

Stance: I want him gone next summer as things stand.

Change: If he gets 6th/7th or win the FA Cup then he gets another season to prove.

Absolutely dreadful records for the past 18 months. He should stop spouting rubbish week in week out. The first thing he needs to do is to organise a defence and keep clean sheets. Everton is underachieving, massively.

Stance. First season was a fluke before Moyes' defensive work faded away from a great defence through lack of practice. Want him gone as he's clueless and arrogant.

He'd have to change his media persona and his clear disregard for the basics of the game. Oh and actually finish in the European places.

Ta ra you fraud.

Great on the ball and can score frequently. We need to shut down and hassle teams and make them play quickly then and only then will we start winning games. Too much time is allowed for the opposition to play. Our back 4 also need to close down space rather than jockeying yards from them. In other words when we haven't got the ball we need to get stuck in and win the ball back rather than hoping they are going to misplace a pass

If he doesn't have the whole team doing Cruyff turns in the 6 yard box by the end of the season and give up defending crosses completely he has to go. Then we can get a real maverick in and get rid of all that boring defending rubbish with Robles legging it up the pitch nutmegging everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back