Your top 20 worst/stupidest Everton signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earnie Hunt wow forgot all about this fella.
Ernie was a nickname for the Wolves player we signed, for five minutes, before off loading him to Coventry City, his real name was Roger so he used Ernie to save any confusion with Liverpool‘s Roger Hunt, not that there was any confusion once you had watched both of them!

We've made a lot of bad signings over the years. Some i can understand. Taking a punt on a sriker when we haven't got the money to buy top drawer/proven goalscorers, buying someone who's been successful at the selling club (Davy Klaasen?). For me, the ones that stand out - mainly for the money we paid or that they had been failures elsewhere (and we didn't heed that warning) were Walcott & Iwobi. Arsenal must love us.

In terms of predictable outcomes, Iwobi, Dele Ali, Walcott, and McGeady.

In terms of money, Iwobi, Tosun, and Walcott.

All of these signings were predictable disasters. The likes of Gbamin, etc., was just bad luck.
Remember when mcgeady was paraded around the ground at halftime when he signed looking like he'd been dragged kicking and screaming from an all you can eat buffet lunch lol

I doubt that very much, I mean the state of the squad then including Howard’s seven signings with only the two goalkeepers standing out and Neville took time to stake his place, he might have been sent out on loan after that Derby game, not sure, I repeat Glen Keeley was a very good player and Kendall knew that having been his manager at Blackburn, Howard played him when he wasn’t fit.
It's a bad signing if someone ain't fit ,with the intention of playing him.

We've made a lot of bad signings over the years. Some i can understand. Taking a punt on a sriker when we haven't got the money to buy top drawer/proven goalscorers, buying someone who's been successful at the selling club (Davy Klaasen?). For me, the ones that stand out - mainly for the money we paid or that they had been failures elsewhere (and we didn't heed that warning) were Walcott & Iwobi. Arsenal must love us.
Y'know there's a potential thread about clubs who mug us off/we should never do transfer business with. Arsenal being a gold example. Stephen Hughes, a but of a dog too.

Remember when mcgeady was paraded around the ground at halftime when he signed looking like he'd been dragged kicking and screaming from an all you can eat buffet lunch lol
It was the moment I realised Roberto was goosed.

As an Ireland fan, I knew all about McGeady’s style-over-content shtick. That Roberto didn’t - or the very thought he did and rated him - proved to me we were in trouble with Martinez. Only a matter of time after that for football’s greatest land-on-your-feet-in-even-better-heels merchant.

Status
Not open for further replies.