2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
For context...

Simms 24 in Jan
Cannon 22 in Dec
Chermiti 21 in May

DCL comparison would be the 2017/18 season where he played 1876 minutes (20+ games worth of mins) 18 starts / 14 sub and scored 4 goals.

What I saw with Chermiti was positioning, technique, control and awareness + he also made an effort to press and win the ball.

I think hes a different type of centre forward than we've seen before but cant compare with anyone or judge him just yet.

My hope is that with a good preseason he can push Dyche to make a positive decision to be 2nd choice. That gives Thelwell/Dyche another decision to make on Beto with the Bologna interest, i doubt we keep him as 3rd choice.
At that time, DCL played a lot on the wings as well mind. 2 of his goals came when he was playing as a LW. And of his 32 games, only 17 were as a CF.

Need to reduce expectation on some of our young players and give them a chance to develop.

@Eggs nothing dramatic though I'd like to point out the salmon-like, Duncan Ferguson esque leap on Chermiti for the assist.

Assisted like the game mattered?

Lambasting his finishing earlier, but to be fair to the lad two excellent finishes later on, might just have something to work with here, them goals will do the lad the World of confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back