2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be foolish, and unfair on the lad to rely on him.

Agreed. Sometimes though it’s those circumstances that launch a player’s development. Rashford for example took advantage of a load of injuries to play a run of games upfront as a teenager and took his chance. Mainoo and Garnacho similarly are now two high value assets who wouldn’t have been playing if Sancho Anthony Martial Pogba Fred Amrabat Eriksen etc. had actually worked out as good players.

We shouldn’t go into the season relying on Chermiti as first choice but if the chance comes sometimes just playing a young player is the making of them. Branthwaite could easily be sat on the bench behind Keane Coady (renewed deal) and Godfrey now and he wouldn’t be worth 15 mill let alone 70.

It would be foolish, and unfair on the lad to rely on him.
Yep he can’t be relied upon as our only option , but young strikers are like young goalkeepers they only improve with real game experience. Simms and Cannon are testament to that , we were never in a position to give either long exposure to our first team. Chermitti needs steadily increasing exposure throughout the season …..and patience as he develops .

Yep he can’t be relied upon as our only option , but young strikers are like young goalkeepers they only improve with real game experience. Simms and Cannon are testament to that , we were never in a position to give either long exposure to our first team. Chermitti needs steadily increasing exposure throughout the season …..and patience as he develops .

Have to agree. Always felt Simms never got a fair or good run here. All his starts were always away at United, RS, Chelsea for example. Never got a chance of a run out at home to Palace or some one. Got a good price for him. A Leicester lad I know doesn't rate Canon btw but we'll see if he's in their prem squad next season

Cherms needs to be at least 4 or 5 starts next season and probably 20 games off the bench.

Spot on.

Have to agree. Always felt Simms never got a fair or good run here. All his starts were always away at United, RS, Chelsea for example. Never got a chance of a run out at home to Palace or some one. Got a good price for him. A Leicester lad I know doesn't rate Canon btw but we'll see if he's in their prem squad next season

Cherms needs to be at least 4 or 5 starts next season and probably 20 games off the bench.
Yes and no - 4-5 starts and substantial games off the bench regarding game time.

He's currently sitting at 18 Prem games - but he's played less than 200 minutes overall, which gets even worse when you consider 95 or so of those were 1 game :lol:

"A chance" isn't 2 min per week is what I mean.

Yes and no - 4-5 starts and substantial games off the bench regarding game time.

He's currently sitting at 18 Prem games - but he's played less than 200 minutes overall, which gets even worse when you consider 95 or so of those were 1 game :lol:

"A chance" isn't 2 min per week is what I mean.

Oh yeah. Agreed.

With regards to cannon didn't he hit the ground running and then got an injury? Not sure how bad of an injury and how many he played after.

With regards to cannon didn't he hit the ground running and then got an injury? Not sure how bad of an injury and how many he played after.

No idea pal. Was just put down what a Leicester fan was chatting to me over a few ales. Says he's still young like but didn't rate what he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back