2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

This is true, he used to prefer the Campbell and Radzinski partnership most of the time. He also wouldn’t let Rooney speak to the press, to “protect” him.

I don’t think we got as much as we could’ve done out of Rooney in those seasons.
Definitely not. He was leagues ahead of anything we had at the time even at the age of 16.

He's not? Just like he's not keeping any other young player from developing by playing them 1-10 min every month? And relying on the mummified remains of Ashley Young and players out of position?

Sure.
What other young player?

He’s got 2 young central midfielders as first choice and a young centerback. If anyone on the bench or in the academy were close to those players, they’d be playing, with those three as evidence (and McNeil back to Burnley days).

The man has a very lucrative job he’d like to keep, he’s not leaving great talents on the bench because of their birth year.

What other young player?

He’s got 2 young central midfielders as first choice and a young centerback. If anyone on the bench or in the academy were close to those players, they’d be playing, with those three as evidence (and McNeil back to Burnley days).

The man has a very lucrative job he’d like to keep, he’s not leaving great talents on the bench because of their birth year.
He has no choice on all three positions (well, two, cuz CM and CB I guess).

They won't be playing, this is Sean Dyche mate.

….you’d like to think so. I’m not seeing many obvious glitches. I’d like him to use Dobbin more off the bench in the Doucoure role when we’re chasing a goal. Dobbin is not a winger, his forte is central.

Given the defensive achievements, I can’t criticise his defensive selections. I’m not a fan of Young but I can see why he gets the nod over Patterson. Patterson isn’t being held back, he’s not being selected because of performance.

From a striker perspective, it’s like moving deck chairs in the Titanic. Neither central striker is effective. I prefer DCL but I understand why he’s trying to get a tune out of Beto. Dyche would be chuffed if Chermiti was the answer but he clearly thinks he’s not. Hopefully that situation changes.

Dobbin: Wasnt playing even when Doucoure was injured and the wide players were constantly failing.

Chermiti: Not getting more than a few mins here and there. Yet our 2 older forwards cant hit barn door.

Patterson: Utter madness to be dropped when hes performed better than Coleman & Young (both finished) and now weve seen Godfrey at fault for a couple of goals.

I am concerned about his selections.

….i just posted he’d done something decent in training and got shouted at :Blink:.

We’re all agreed on this, we want him to be good.

He's probably scored hundreds of goals in training like that.

Dyche isn't the messiah, but he's not keeping Chermiti on the bench if he's regularly outperforming the two guys in front of him that couldn't hit the ocean from the beach. Self preservation is the greatest motivator.

We have a history of ruining strikers by pushing them in too early, we did it with Rondon and Maupay, when they really should have been subs or playing off Dom (we could also name practically almost any other striker who played for us who may have had a purple patch but then went downhill thereafter). These were seasoned PL players and we broke them.

Doing it in training is one thing, the defenders aren't trying to play mind games, aren't trying take their head off and there is zero pressure. Thrust Chermiti up front as our goalscoring saviour and he doesn't hit the net for a couple of games then the pressure builds, by 5 games we are calling to "get him off, he's crap" but in more colourful language. By 10 games his confidence will be shot and likely he will never play for Everton again. He'll leave and score goals for another team - just like what we see with Maupay at Brentford who's now putting up the numbers we expected and would have been happy with here.

Dom has strength and good hold up play, he defends well at corners. Beto brings unpredictability, with again raw strength. These two have experience on their side and should be carrying the can whilst they are not injured or suspended. Given that I can see why Dyche is holding back Chermiti. I would like to see him get more minutes but as I've said before, it's not like we are winning games 2/3 nil and then asking Chermiti to come on and get a fourth when the opposition have mentally checked out and we are playing ole football.

The kid needs the right opportunity if we are to see the best of him unless we are ready to throw yet another player on the scrapheap.