2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont want a top coach here who handed us the fabled Camelot Season, but you do have a useless get like Calvert-Loser set as your avatar?!
Camelot?

In that story King Arthur took the sword from the stone and became a God.

In Martinez story Martial scored a 93rd winner and sent us home.

I support our Star Striker, without him we fold, I mean have a look at how well we have done without him.

There's a reason he's in Turkey mate. We haven't got time to polish cast off turds anymore if we really want to get back to competing.
Yes I know that. I personally didn’t think he did that bad for us. He crossed the ball after chasing it down against Leicester for an injury time 1-1. He blocked off a run against Palace allowing DCL to score. To me, that’s still more than what Gordon and Gray have done in that last 10 games.

What do you think about getting Moyes back who gave us a fabled 4th place finish Dave?
If he got us clear in the event that Lampard was still struggling Ild welcome it. I just dont think he;d cut it here with these players. It'd take him 18 months getting some discipline into the squad the way he likes it.

RM would probably do better. If he had a striker handed to him of any quality he'd get us playing - and Coady and Tarkowski would probably limit our losses at the back with the inevitable balls ups as the team tried to play out from our defensive third.

RM with a stiker would get us midtable without a shadow of a doubt.

If he got us clear in the event that Lampard was still struggling I’d welcome it. I just dont think he;d cut it here with these players. It'd take him 18 monbths getting some discipline into the squad the way he likes it.

RM would probably do better. If he had a striker handed to him of any quality he'd get us playing - and Coady and Tarkowski would probably limit our losses at the back with the inevitable balls ups as the team tried to play out from our defensive third.

RM with a stiker would get us midtable withiut a shadow of a doubt.

PleasingKaleidoscopicDegu-max-1mb.gif

Seeing as he's still here a full day after with 6 weeks break that'll head right into January I think it's fair to say that Frank is staying, let's all get behind him and hope he can turn things around and add some quality in January to improve us. That being said though it was be utter hilarity and totally in character for our inept board to wait a few weeks into the break to sack him and then scramble for someone and still be in caretaker charge going into January.

You dont want a top coach here who handed us the fabled Camelot Season, but you do have a useless get like Calvert-Loser set as your avatar?!

I worry we don’t have the players for Martinez. McCarthy was absolutely brilliant in 13/14, I don’t think people realised how good he was at the time (I certainly didn’t). We’ve not had a centre mid who can touch the engine he had since.

We certainly don’t have offensive players as good as Lukaku Mirallas Barkley Naismith and Deulofeu. We had Jelavic as back up that season, he’d walk into this team now.

Jags Distin Stones with prime Baines and Coleman available.

The playing squad are just nowhere near the 13/14 crop. I never used to be a massive fan of Barry as he got exposed if McCarthy wasn’t there but at least on the ball you could trust him in possession. I don’t trust a single midfielder we have to manage a pass off the defence safely now.

Currently 10th is a fairy tale, but considering Moyes finished 4th only a few seasons before, its hardly the "stuff of dreams", now it would be, for sure.
Everyone has improved though, bar us. Look at Newcastle, Leicester will start to climb aswell. It will be many many moons before we do anything. Transfers and the correct transfers are the only thing that will save us now. We have to get some bodies in, bodies who are good players with fight. Watched the Fulham game earlier. Palhinha, 20m, Christ what a steal. Looks better than Doucoure, Allan, Gana, Garner and Onana, again says a lot about us and our scouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.