The Everton Board Thread

I looked into these, and they seem to take a range of smaller profile sides, in Alcorcon, Estoril and Beveren (not sure if I should be concerned that they’re using the wrong creat on their website). Augsburg presents a slightly larger club.

In terms of personnel, they’re exactly what we need.
Jeff Moorad has precious CEO experience in San Diego, where he was overwhelmingly successful, and flipped the club for a huge profit. In Arizona he was less successful, but still positive.

Similar experience comes with Jahm Majafi, who had previous experience in CEO sporting roles. Arne Rees is the lesser of the main 3, but again has substantial Sporting background.

Quite interesting and I alluded to it earlier in the thread, they’ve got quite a tight partnership with Harris Blitzer Sports and Entertainment, who have shares in all the above teams, as well as Crystal Palace and Brondby. Not sure how that’ll develop, but quite exciting that sporting minded people are interested.

Moorad and Najafi were recently spotted at Goodison, so there’s definitely legs in it.

If you do a bad job/project do you advertise it to potential customers?

You take responsibility for it yes. Otherwise it’s seen as ignoring your current customers who in turn can create negative word of mouth to potential future customers.

If anything taking responsibility publicly and being sincere with it creates positivity, it can turn a negative into a positive. Being silent just shows a lack of sincerity, character and responsibility.

This investment and bringing in of a 25% shareholding investor

It takes the minor investors to 29.6%

That is over >5% that allows them to call for an Everton Football Club Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM). The minor investors can push for board member removal and changes in that

It stops the blockage that Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale created by cancelling the EFC AGM

It's potentially great news.

These people reportly coming in are professional investors.

Emphasis on professional. The complete opposite of Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale.

They won't accept board members making a mockery of the club. Their investment.

A reckoning with Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale for "headlock gate" can commence. With luck ?

I need to correct some of this. Some suggestions that this 25% equity stake may involve a dilution of existing shareholders. Therefore < 29.6% but clearly > 25%.

With Kenwright share going < 1%

Good to see Bill Kenwright becoming an irrelevance. Given the damage he's caused the club through "headlock gate" and all the rest

Interesting times of change for Evertonians

You take responsibility for it yes. Otherwise it’s seen as ignoring your current customers who in turn can create negative word of mouth to potential future customers.

If anything taking responsibility publicly and being sincere with it creates positivity, it can turn a negative into a positive. Being silent just shows a lack of sincerity, character and responsibility.

Ok, when have Everton been quiet about a defeat and not said anything?

The official twitter account is very vocal after a win isn’t it. Don’t be silent when things are are not going well either then.

It’s easy to mouth off after a victory.
That's a bit unfair, isn't it?

Do we want wall-to-wall post-match coverage of a defeat?

When we win, it's Match of the Day, post-match podcasts, everything I can find on YouTube from Everton about the win.

When we lose, I don't want constant reminders being mashed into my timeline.

Is the £105m just to buy shares and with further investment or is it just the £105m is the investment ?

Seems a little small for 25%
Apparently that's what it is, it puts the value of the club at £420 million, that figure, although less than Moshiri wants, seems about right for a relegation threatened club in the middle of a massive building project and with big problems with the premier league's financial regulations.

When we win, it's Match of the Day, post-match podcasts, everything I can find on YouTube from Everton about the win.

This is my take on it all. I don't go looking for news on the defeat.

I'm pretty sure after every game we get the final result from the Twitter account and a few words from the manager.

No I don’t think it’s unfair. I don’t think it’s fair to want plaudits after a win but silence or barely any communication when the club is going through tough times.

Look at the chairman, that megalomaniac can’t help but say something with a signing on how great he is at negotiating or that awful piece he got Prentice to write after winning at Leicester but when times are tough he says nothing publicly. That’s not good leadership. That’s not a good culture.

No I don’t think it’s unfair. I don’t think it’s fair to want plaudits after a win but silence or barely any communication when the club is going through tough times.

Look at the chairman, that megalomaniac can’t help but say something with a signing on how great he is at negotiating or that awful piece he got Prentice to write after winning at Leicester but when times are tough he says nothing publicly. That’s not good leadership. That’s not a good culture.

Ok now, what signing this summer did Kenwright say he was great at negotiating?

Ok now, what signing this summer did Kenwright say he was great at negotiating?

Hey, I know you, I’ll make the effort to go through all previous transfers like Patterson and Deli Ali etc and you will just make more smart arse comments just to get a rise out of me. I’m spent mate. Try someone else.

Okay, but there's a difference between how we cover a defeat and how we cover the controversies off the pitch. You weren't clear which you were referring to.

The club's comms have been very poor of late surrounding the protests against the board, you'll get no argument from me on that.

But I certainly won't complain about them being noisier about a win that a loss.