Summer transfer window 2023

People forget that prior to coming to us at arsenal, he was a left sided player.

RW - 25 apps
Central - 38 apps
LW - 77 apps

He came to us. And what do we do? Shove him wide right.

RW - 61 apps.
Central - 36 apps
LW - 28 apps. You know, the position we signed him for.
Yep. We wanted Zaha. We got Iwobi. We wanted a right winger and we got Iwobi.

If Mina is going to Turkey, they aren't paying him anywhere near what he gets here. Why can't we pay him what they are and get him to stay? And I know it's not "that" easy but I like Mina and he's actually pretty good when he plays. AND he's a genuine snide.

Just a weird move for him. Give him a base matching Besiktas and then an "incentive" bonus when he plays that dwarfs them.

And, yes, I know it doesn't work this way. If he could stay fit he's one of the few I'd be sad to see leave.
Agree, if Mina can accept the reduction of wages, we should give him new contract for 2-3years. It is quite fair for both parties.
With terrible Keane and uncertain Braithwaite, if we dont want to buy a new CB, we should let him stay.

Im not saying give him what he has now, Im saying on massively reduced wages. Like 20k p/w and 50k if he finishes a match he starts in.
Even then I just don't see the point. We've been awful for years and people seem to get obsessed with hanging on to players and bringing back ex players, I just find it bizarre. There's a whole world of players out there, I just see no reason at all to be holding onto someone like Mina. Even if he was genuinely top class i'd be skeptical but for the level he is, getting 10-15 games a season out of him just isn't worth it at all.

Even then I just don't see the point. We've been awful for years and people seem to get obsessed with hanging on to players and bringing back ex players, I just find it bizarre. There's a whole world of players out there, I just see no reason at all to be holding onto someone like Mina. Even if he was genuinely top class i'd be skeptical but for the level he is, getting 10-15 games a season out of him just isn't worth it at all.
Which is fair, however we don't have a clue if we even have a dime to spend this summer and, if Mina leaves, we need to replace him.

Which is fair, however we don't have a clue if we even have a dime to spend this summer and, if Mina leaves, we need to replace him.
I think that's the entire point though really, we need to 'replace' him even if he stays because we can't rely on him to stay fit. If we stay up and can't spend any money then we'll go down next year, whether Mina stays or not. On that basis lumbering ourselves with him on another contract would be stupid.