2023/24 Sean Dyche

He relegated them once mate, honestly. Just do a bit of basic research. They lost 3 out of the last 4 and went on the final day, he was sacked 6 weeks earlier.
They were pretty much down under him, actually sacking him, resulted in an initial upturn in their results, which ultimately delayed the inevitable. They would have been down sooner if they had not sacked him.

If we’d gone down last season would you allow Lampard to escape blame for our relegation?
Sean Dyche has been sacked as Burnley manager after 10 years with the club battling relegation from the Premier League.

Burnley are currently 18th in the table, four points from safety. They have won just one of their last seven Premier League games, losing 2-0 to fellow relegation strugglers Norwich on Sunday.

Totally blameless.

Whats your cut off point mate?

How long are you giving him?

Ive said I wouldnt sack him just yet myself by the way, im just wondering how long a Dyche fan would give him.

I’ll give him the same as I give every other manager, they’re fired once they look as though they definitely will take us into relegation (Koeman, Silva, Lampard) or they’ve had long enough and it’s a downward trajectory (Martinez).

It’s an easy game to play with Everton managers to call for their head early because the likelihood is you’ll be right more times than not, most managers of the bottom 13 will get fired as it doesn’t take much to derail one of those teams, a key injury or bad transfer window and you can lose all progress. It doesn’t mean though that fans should still do it.

I always think about what level do I see the squad at ‘on paper’ and what’s an over or underperformance due to the manager. That’s adjusted for key injuries as well (e.g DCL missing most of a season). Last season I genuinely thought we had one of the three worst squads in the league once DCL and Mina got long term injuries so I thought Dyche overperformed to keep us up. The ppg ratio also supported that with him outperforming most of our relegation competition since he arrived with what I’d consider inferior resources (especially seeing as we’ve just tried to buy most of Leeds attackers to improve our first team)

This season the squad is better in my opinion, and looks better on paper than Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley, Wolves Bournemouth and maybe Forest. Therefore I’d say upper bottom half would be a par performance for Dyche (if most of the players stay fit), a relegation battle would be disappointing, and top half would be a good job.

I think some people have criminally overlooked the job he did last season and are now taking a very small sample size of four games this season. Of course if we tank the first half the season, are in the bottom 3, and the players are jogging around not playing for him then he’ll have to go. I just don’t think we’ll be there, but mind you after Lampard beat Palace 3-0 last season I didn’t think he’d suddenly turn into the worst manager in the PL so who knows.

I’ll give him the same as I give every other manager, they’re fired once they look as though they definitely will take us into relegation (Koeman, Silva, Lampard) or they’ve had long enough and it’s a downward trajectory (Martinez).

It’s an easy game to play with Everton managers to call for their head early because the likelihood is you’ll be right more times than not, most managers of the bottom 13 will get fired as it doesn’t take much to derail one of those teams, a key injury or bad transfer window and you can lose all progress. It doesn’t mean though that fans should still do it.

I always think about what level do I see the squad at ‘on paper’ and what’s an over or underperformance due to the manager. That’s adjusted for key injuries as well (e.g DCL missing most of a season). Last season I genuinely thought we had one of the three worst squads in the league once DCL and Mina got long term injuries so I thought Dyche overperformed to keep us up. The ppg ratio also supported that with him outperforming most of our relegation competition since he arrived with what I’d consider inferior resources (especially seeing as we’ve just tried to buy most of Leeds attackers to improve our first team)

This season the squad is better in my opinion, and looks better on paper than Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley, Wolves Bournemouth and maybe Forest. Therefore I’d say upper bottom half would be a par performance for Dyche (if most of the players stay fit), a relegation battle would be disappointing, and top half would be a good job.

I think some people have criminally overlooked the job he did last season and are now taking a very small sample size of four games this season. Of course if we tank the first half the season, are in the bottom 3, and the players are jogging around not playing for him then he’ll have to go. I just don’t think we’ll be there, but mind you after Lampard beat Palace 3-0 last season I didn’t think he’d suddenly turn into the worst manager in the PL so who knows.

Dyche had Mina available to him throughout the entirety of the second half of last season and chose not to use him. He played Michael Keane ahead of him.

But it’s in the past and this actual season is underway with us currently 19th in the table. Unless we start winning football matches this season, memories of the glory days of yore when Nick Pope kept us up in the last week of the season will mean very little/nothing.

They need to go back to not releasing the league table until about 7 games in for bedwetters like you

Because there’s a segment of this forum that absolutely hate Everton and go to bed in Brighton bed sheets after they’ve kissed their Allison poster. They were probably gutted when dinosaur Dyche put on a masterclass and battered Brighton all over their own gaffe to keep us up.
Or there’s a section of this fanbase that refuse to accept a manager that has won 8 in 57

And lol @ the Dyche masterclass. If only he could have conjured up more than 1 point from 12

This post is right on the money mate.
Too many semi hysterical knee jerk reactions on here.

We do not play hoofball under Dyche at all.

I don't really get where people are getting this from. (actually I do, its a sterotyped assumption)

We are playing the same way we have under countless managers now, pass it around a bit, lose possession and hope to score from a counter attack or bit of magic.
No he does play long ball football, we played different under lampard. There’s a clip v Doncaster of him pointing forward and screaming at Pickford to launch it. If you think he doesn’t play long ball football, then I’m not sure what you’re watching. Yes we play counter attacking if you want to call it that. But his main tactic is get it forward quickly

Of course I did. Many of your points are factually wrong and/or not relevant to the topic imo, but seeing as you asked....

Moyes didn't improve us every season, yes he did a 'good job' made some good buys, but several seasons we bombed out, and most importantly we flaked in every big cup game we had, hence he/we won fook all. He also had a top half team to attract players to, we're relegation candidates mate, and we're fooking skint.

You have no idea how Dyche progressed those Burnley players, unless you're telling me you followed all those players and their careers from Day 1. You've no idea at what point they started and where they ended up in terms of their development. Not a clue. I think McNeil improved after Dyche joined though, and Doucoure with his goals which kept us up.. just an opinion.

Brentford have been in the top flight is it 2 seasons? Let's talk again in 4 or 5 years. Brighton , fair point, they're well established now, although why you're using Brentford and Brighton as a stick to beat Dyche with is beyond me?

I think Dyche's intentions at Burnley were simply to keep them in the league, which he did, by whatever means as necessary, hoof ball, grock ball, whatever. However, in reality I have no fooking idea what his intentions were, as like you, I am guessing things to suit my argument. Maybe he aimed for Europe every year after they qualified the first time, in which case he defo failed.
Within 4 years moyes had taken us to regularly European contenders

Dyche, minus his covid season, got more than 40 points; once.

McNeil has improved; Doucoure has not. He’s just been played. He a useless cart horse

If Dyches intentions at Burnley were “just to keep them in the league” it shows how poor his mentality is because he was unable to progress a team.

Because there’s a segment of this forum that absolutely hate Everton and go to bed in Brighton bed sheets after they’ve kissed their Allison poster. They were probably gutted when dinosaur Dyche put on a masterclass and battered Brighton all over their own gaffe to keep us up.
The thing is we had 5 shots on target c Brighton. And they created a lot of good chances early in the 2nd half. 1 or 2 go in and that could have easily been a different game. That was a one off fluke.

I agree, he needs more time and I am fed up with the manager merry go round, getting lumped with players the next one doesn't fancy

It does concern me that he's acting like it's all fine though...won the xG etc. against relegation rivals and making smarmy jokes about it. His thorniness in pressers is starting to grate too
Does that bother you? Too much 'before i got here talk' 'we're trying to change an attitude that was here before us' etc
For a guy who promised honesty and reality, he seems to struggle with it a bit himself.
I want him to say 'that was awful, we should've won, no excuses' that would be refreshing

A little off topic but our next game is pyaaaaaa ages away.

What on earth are we all going to talk about?

How does one replace their incessant need for daily dopamine hits of transfer updates now that the window is closed?

*asking for a friend...

Send help.

If we’d gone down last season would you allow Lampard to escape blame for our relegation?
Blame is a very subjective thing. I can see your point and it's a fair one, but it's also a moot point. Lampard was in part to blame for our position with 15 points on Feb 1st or thereabouts. Dyche had plenty of time to turn it round and he did. The same could be said of the fella who succeeded Dyche, but does Dyche bear responsibility for the relegation in some way? Probably the same as what Lampard or Benitez did in their effort to keep us up the last 2 seasons. They both contributed.

A different argument..... was it ever it realistic for Burnley to stay in or around the PL for 6 years? His contribution to raising the overall expectations at that club is massive. Looking at the way people use the relegations as a stick to beat Dyche with, it appears, that they are now viewed as a bonafide regualr PL team as opposed to a yoyo club. That's some achievement.