Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of him; and this what does my head in with this argument. He never, once, tried to progress them. Look at Moyes at us, every season we improved, he got better players for relatively small outlay and changed tactics.

Brentford and Brighton again both proof that there’s a market to be exploited without loads of money.

Dyche never intended that at Burnley, he wanted yard dogs doing yard dog things every season. In fact the only moment the new owners wanted a different type of player with a bit more flair he absolutely bombed them into relegation

He’s a one dimensional manager. It’s as clear as day what he wants from us, and he’s imposing that at the detriment of the team - and it’s evident
He never tried to progress them? They qualified for Europe, stayed in the top flight for 6 seasons having not been in the top flight since the 70s. They played us off the park and outfought us more than once. It's Burnley ffs. What do you expect, galacticos in every position? He did what he did to keep them up. It isn't pretty but it gave them their best run in the top flight for 40 odd years. I'd take that right now if it means keeping us up.

He never tried to progress them? They qualified for Europe, stayed in the top flight for 6 seasons having not been in the top flight since the 70s. They played us off the park and outfought us more than once. It's Burnley ffs. What do you expect, galacticos in every position? He did what he did to keep them up. It isn't pretty but it gave them their best run in the top flight for 40 odd years. I'd take that right now if it means keeping us up.
Literally never read a thing o said did you

I’m not suggesting we bring him back at all. You’re trying to tell me Dyche is the right manager for us because he finished 7th with Burnley in 2017/18, I’ve just given you an example of another terrible manager who finished in a European spot with a traditionally relegation fodder side.

Dyche maybe experienced at managing in relegation scraps, but his record of surviving them isn’t very good because he’s failed at that particular task twice already. The only reason they took it to the last day last time was because their assistant manager took over and markedly improved on Dyche’s performance picking them up 2 wins and 2 draws in 5 games.
Koeman did well at Southampton, that's why he got the Everton job, they're in the 2nd tier now. Obviously he was [Poor language removed] for us, so he got the bullet. Dyche did well for Burnley which is why he got the Everton job. The manager who followed him lost 3 of the last 4 which ultimately sent them down on the final day. Dyche was promoted twice and relegated once. I get it doesn't suit your argument, but that's a fact.

I'm not saying Dyche is the right manager for us, after half a season with a wafer thin squad, how can I/we really know? What I am saying is, he did a very good job keeping us up against all odds last season, and on that basis he deserved a shot this season. That we have started the season poorly isn't totally a surprise given the squad he inherited, the financial restrictions, injuries and the forward line we started with. What I am saying, as I have previously, is that if results don't improve, and if we are still winless after another 2, 3 or 4 games, then there maybe a decision to be made.

Koeman did well at Southampton, that's why he got the Everton job, they're in the 2nd tier now. Obviously he was [Poor language removed] for us, so he got the bullet. Dyche did well for Burnley which is why he got the Everton job. The manager who followed him lost 3 of the last 4 which ultimately sent them down on the final day. Dyche was promoted twice and relegated once. I get it doesn't suit your argument, but that's a fact.

I'm not saying Dyche is the right manager for us, after half a season with a wafer thin squad, how can I/we really know? What I am saying is, he did a very good job keeping us up against all odds last season, and on that basis he deserved a shot this season. That we have started the season poorly isn't totally a surprise given the squad he inherited, the financial restrictions, injuries and the forward line we started with. What I am saying, as I have previously, is that if results don't improve, and if we are still winless after another 2, 3 or 4 games, then there maybe a decision to be made.
Thank you for posting such sense in a sea of absolute garbage takes.

Haha what? No mate. He got the Everton job because he was unemployed and we couldn’t attract anyone better. We didn’t poach him from Burnley.

He had a “wafer thin squad” at Burnley, that’s what he thrives on isn’t it? He wanted small squads at Burnley. He’s got one here, he’s supposed to be a manager that can get the best out of poor/average players, so I’d like to see that rather than constantly whining that we haven’t given him good enough players to work with. I keep getting told he can work with what he’s got and overachieve with crap players. Over to you then Sean, this is your bread and butter, your speciality. Don’t let us down.

Literally never read a thing o said did you

Because of him; and this what does my head in with this argument. He never, once, tried to progress them. Look at Moyes at us, every season we improved, he got better players for relatively small outlay and changed tactics.

Brentford and Brighton again both proof that there’s a market to be exploited without loads of money.

Dyche never intended that at Burnley, he wanted yard dogs doing yard dog things every season. In fact the only moment the new owners wanted a different type of player with a bit more flair he absolutely bombed them into relegation

He’s a one dimensional manager. It’s as clear as day what he wants from us, and he’s imposing that at the detriment of the team - and it’s evident
Of course I did. Many of your points are factually wrong and/or not relevant to the topic imo, but seeing as you asked....

Moyes didn't improve us every season, yes he did a 'good job' made some good buys, but several seasons we bombed out, and most importantly we flaked in every big cup game we had, hence he/we won fook all. He also had a top half team to attract players to, we're relegation candidates mate, and we're fooking skint.

You have no idea how Dyche progressed those Burnley players, unless you're telling me you followed all those players and their careers from Day 1. You've no idea at what point they started and where they ended up in terms of their development. Not a clue. I think McNeil improved after Dyche joined though, and Doucoure with his goals which kept us up.. just an opinion.

Brentford have been in the top flight is it 2 seasons? Let's talk again in 4 or 5 years. Brighton , fair point, they're well established now, although why you're using Brentford and Brighton as a stick to beat Dyche with is beyond me?

I think Dyche's intentions at Burnley were simply to keep them in the league, which he did, by whatever means as necessary, hoof ball, grock ball, whatever. However, in reality I have no fooking idea what his intentions were, as like you, I am guessing things to suit my argument. Maybe he aimed for Europe every year after they qualified the first time, in which case he defo failed.

Haha what? No mate. He got the Everton job because he was unemployed and we couldn’t attract anyone better. We didn’t poach him from Burnley.

He had a “wafer thin squad” at Burnley, that’s what he thrives on isn’t it? He wanted small squads at Burnley. He’s got one here, he’s supposed to be a manager that can get the best out of poor/average players, so I’d like to see that rather than constantly whining that we haven’t given him good enough players to work with. I keep getting told he can work with what he’s got and overachieve with crap players. Over to you then Sean, this is your bread and butter, your speciality. Don’t let us down.
I think the fact that he had a track record, by keeping Burnley up for 6 seasons or whatever meant he was a strong candidate for the job considering our position. The points about us being skint, unemployed or whatever.. I wouldn't know I had no inside knowledge of the selection process.

He'd better be good with a small squad..

Stick or twist 🤔 Seen so many struggling clubs over the years take the plunge and change managers and they fail miserably. Southampton last year for example. Appoint Selles who managed to get 7 points from 16 PL games and they were relegated. Dyche is not what Everton should aspire to but given the current situation at the club could he be the most likely to keep us in the division? At the moment I would be inclined to stick with Dyche but my patience is being tested

I think the fact that he had a track record, by keeping Burnley up for 6 seasons or whatever meant he was a strong candidate for the job considering our position. The points about us being skint, unemployed or whatever.. I wouldn't know.

He'd better be good with a small squad..

We yeah, that’s the point of employing a manager like him isn’t it, he’s supposed to be good at working with limited resources. What’s the point appointing someone like him if you have to buy 20 top players for him anyway.

Of course I did. Many of your points are factually wrong and/or not relevant to the topic imo, but seeing as you asked....

Moyes didn't improve us every season, yes he did a 'good job' made some good buys, but several seasons we bombed out, and most importantly we flaked in every big cup game we had, hence he/we won fook all. He also had a top half team to attract players to, we're relegation candidates mate, and we're fooking skint.

You have no idea how Dyche progressed those Burnley players, unless you're telling me you followed all those players and their careers from Day 1. You've no idea at what point they started and where they ended up in terms of their development. Not a clue. I think McNeil improved after Dyche joined though, and Doucoure with his goals which kept us up.. just an opinion.

Brentford have been in the top flight is it 2 seasons? Let's talk again in 4 or 5 years. Brighton , fair point, they're well established now, although why you're using Brentford and Brighton as a stick to beat Dyche with is beyond me?

I think Dyche's intentions at Burnley were simply to keep them in the league, which he did, by whatever means as necessary, hoof ball, grock ball, whatever. However, in reality I have no fooking idea what his intentions were, as like you, I am guessing things to suit my argument. Maybe he aimed for Europe every year after they qualified the first time, in which case he defo failed.

Because there’s a segment of this forum that absolutely hate Everton and go to bed in Brighton bed sheets after they’ve kissed their Allison poster. They were probably gutted when dinosaur Dyche put on a masterclass and battered Brighton all over their own gaffe to keep us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back