Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking stick Dele at 10 and win the lot mate.
I admire your optimism, I really do. I think it's a long way back for him, and that's totally committed with heart fully wanting it. I think it's easier to get to there with nothing in the bank than the millions sat there already. Motivation can be difficult to find.

He was sacked by them for practically relegating them mate. We’ve appointed a manager relegated twice to try and save us from relegation.

Ronald Koeman finished 6th with Southampton eons ago, does that make him a good manager? Should we bring him back?
No, he he was sacked in mid April iirc. They were relegated on the last day of the season. They may have gone down under him, maybe not? However, they had 6 consecutive seasons in the PL, with a euro qualifying season amongst that. We're a team threatened with relegation. He's experienced at relegation scraps, that's why they appointed him, to work on a virtual shoestring.

I'm not sure why you're suggesting we bring Koeman back, we are taking about Dyche.

No, he he was sacked in mid April iirc. They were relegated on the last day of the season. They may have gone down under him, maybe not? However, they had 6 consecutive seasons in the PL, with a euro qualifying season amongst that. We're a team threatened with relegation. He's experienced at relegation scraps, that's why they appointed him, to work on a virtual shoestring.

I'm not sure why you're suggesting we bring Koeman back, we are taking about Dyche.

I’m not suggesting we bring him back at all. You’re trying to tell me Dyche is the right manager for us because he finished 7th with Burnley in 2017/18, I’ve just given you an example of another terrible manager who finished in a European spot with a traditionally relegation fodder side.

Dyche maybe experienced at managing in relegation scraps, but his record of surviving them isn’t very good because he’s failed at that particular task twice already. The only reason they took it to the last day last time was because their assistant manager took over and markedly improved on Dyche’s performance picking them up 2 wins and 2 draws in 5 games.

Maybe not?
Maybe not?!??!?!

He'd won them 4 games all season, the last one was appropriately against a lackluster Everton. lol

We do not play hoofball under Dyche at all.

I don't really get where people are getting this from. (actually I do, its a sterotyped assumption)

We are playing the same way we have under countless managers now, pass it around a bit, lose possession and hope to score from a counter attack or bit of magic.

This. We do go direct at times, but that’s partly because Pickford has it in his locker or to beat a press.

Far from hoof ball tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back